Combined speed test shows wrong time zone

Sean

I only just noticed that when I combine speed test results, it shows "GMT-7" in the image, which is incorrect for me.  For summer time (DST), it's GMT+1 here.

When I retrieve the speed test result images individually, the time zone appears fine:

sK32DUVe.png jFJmndC.png

However, when I combine the above two results, it shows "GMT-7":

sK32DUVe.jFJmndC.png

The time itself is correct and matches the clock after the test completes.

Fixed.  Thank you for pointing that out.

A variable needed to be added to the combined output.  Like you said it was showing the correct local time but was saying GMT -7.  All the times used to be in GMT-7... that wording had to be replaced with a variable.

How it works now is it will show in GMT unless you've visited TMN.  If you've visited TMN there's a cookie that I set and reference to adjust to your local time.  The next version will show the time relative to the user referencing the result and also tell what time it was in relationship to the person who was taking the test.

The results above, to me, show as 9am ... but that's what time it was where I am when you took the test... the next version will include your timezone data.  The data is logged now so it just needs to be referenced and displayed.  --- so you're GMT+1 ... I'm GMT-6 so the actual time you took the test was at 4pm, right?  Definitely important information if you're troubleshooting with someone across timezones.  I'll work to make it less confusing and more informative.

Thanks again!

I see GMT time on all three images. (Tue Jun 08 2015 @ 3:04:03 pm GMT, Tue Jun 09 2015 @ 3:02:20 pm GMT, and Tue Jun 09 2015 @ 3:04:03pm GMT, from top left across to bottom.)

Thanks,
EBrown

Which means you haven't been on the speed test side of the site since you last cleared cookies.  Hit the homepage then refresh this page and those images should change to show YOUR time.  That's what "local time" means.

No problem :wink:

I must post a screenshot the next time I report a bug.  Until you replied, it looked silly me reporting a fixed bug.

The above download test was indeed 4:04pm here. 

Which means you haven't been on the speed test side of the site since you last cleared cookies.  Hit the homepage then refresh this page and those images should change to show YOUR time.  That's what "local time" means.

Mine never said local time, though it makes sense. Instead mine said GMT for them all.

Thanks,

EBrown

No problem :wink:

I must post a screenshot the next time I report a bug.  Until you replied, it looked silly me reporting a fixed bug.

The above download test was indeed 4:04pm here. 

You posted it alright, I was able to see the issue it just disappeared right away because it only took a second to fix.

Now I see the same thing in EBrown's sig.

post-2-0-35444100-1433866130.png

... except this time it was missing that update all together.  Updated.

His signature now shows the time converted to local time: :cool:

post-248268-0-57811300-1433867301.png

For anyone curious, the following is what the combined test ID bug originally looked.  This screenshot is from my blog as WordPress's JetPack Photon feature has the original image stuck in its cache:

post-248268-0-00452500-1433867532.png

This might explain why I saw confused Chaffinches out my window, one which I snapped for my avatar. :wink: