Huge download test result hiccup

Sean

Since the day I've run into TestMy, I've been running several download and upload tests pretty much every day.

This evening when I ran the Download Test, I picked the 25MB size from the drop-down and the browser stopped responding.  I was just about to close Firefox when a box appeared saying a script stopped responding and whether I should terminate it.  So I did and the following screen appeared: :o

post-248268-0-43251000-1437507488_thumb.

Somehow, I don't think my PC's Wi-Fi connection can deliver that let alone my ISP's fixed wireless connection... However, it sure would be nice!! :)

The following is what my connection is right with another test in multithreaded mode:

4zRPxt8.ytKX7Qh.png

I'll leave the spike there in case it is useful for debugging.  Otherwise I think it would be worth deleting that result before anyone starts thinking I'm an employee that accidentally ran a Speedtest within the network.  I consider myself lucky to be in a very rural area with few users on the mast as I've heard of areas where users sometimes get below 1Mbps in the evening.

Thanks for reporting this, you've given great information that I can use to make the test better.  I'll try to break it the same way in development and work to make it throw an error instead of calculating a result in that instance.

The result has been removed from the database, so your stats look clean again.  :)

Thank yo so much for the support.