Upload Test Failing to Start

Nostalgic_Link

For whatever reason, anytime I try to run an upload test normally, no matter what size I choose, and no matter which server I choose, the test never progresses (see attached screenshot).

If I switch to multi-threaded tests, it works, but I'm wanting to try single thread because I'm trying to pinpoint my upload dropouts through Comcast.

When I first started using this site a week ago, I did normal tests; it would only occasionally need to be forced to retest the upload.  I got sick of it hanging up and needing to be forced to retest, so I tried multi-threaded.  Ever since trying multi-threaded, I've been unable to successfully upload at all using the normal method.

When I was doing the multi-threaded tests, I was getting more consistent upload results, so that led me to believe that the normal tests would be a better way of pinpointing my upload dropouts.  Understand my train of thought now?

What's the deal?  Why can't I do a normal upload test anymore?  Why did the tests start hanging in the first place?  Has Comcast somehow put a block on my use of this site so I can't find out when my upload dropouts are occurring?

post-253861-0-64348100-1438289890_thumb.

Hi Nostalgic_Link, welcome.

When you enable multithread currently it only affects the download test.  The upload test doesn't reference any of the variables related to enabling multithread.

Your issue is odd.  Do you have any new Internet security or other programs that may affect the output of websites in your browser?  Have you tried a different browser?  The odd part is that you're able to trigger this by disabling multithread.  It really shouldn't be possible.

Clear your browser cache and cookies and try a different browser.  That may provide more clues.

For whatever reason, I found that logging out of the website fixed the issue.  It has not happened again since then.

Right on.  Good to hear.  It may be a mystery that will never be solved.  lol  :-P

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has come back up...  :\

I've logged out and back in three times now.  Tests just fail to begin.  Can't exactly log that Comcast is screwing me on upload at random times for hours on end if I can't find a test that works and isn't paid for by Comcast (speedtest.net).

Hmm... switching from the DC (USEast) server to the TX (Central) server allowed a test to initialize and complete... almost instantly.

However, trying to continue my usual "auto testing" is failing...

Guess I need to manually test my upload every 30 minutes?  ---______---

• 2 years later...
On 7/30/2015 at 2:06 PM, Nostalgic_Link said:

For whatever reason, anytime I try to run an upload test normally, no matter what size I choose, and no matter which server I choose, the test never progresses (see attached screenshot).

If I switch to multi-threaded tests, it works, but I'm wanting to try single thread because I'm trying to pinpoint my upload dropouts through Comcast.

When I first started using this site a week ago, I did normal tests; it would only occasionally need to be forced to retest the upload.  I got sick of it hanging up and needing to be forced to retest, so I tried multi-threaded.  Ever since trying multi-threaded, I've been unable to successfully upload at all using the normal method.

When I was doing the multi-threaded tests, I was getting more consistent upload results, so that led me to believe that the normal tests would be a better way of pinpointing my upload dropouts.  Understand my train of thought now?

What's the deal?  Why can't I do a normal upload test anymore?  Why did the tests start hanging in the first place?  Has Comcast somehow put a block on my use of this site so I can't find out when my upload dropouts are occurring?

post-253861-0-64348100-1438289890_thumb.

Same thing's happening to me yet if i do it with my phone via it's 3/4g it works fine.