rural Ohio internet options PLEASE HELP

tmbedocs

We are stuck in slo mo. Frontier is the only local carrier for so called high speed internet. 3mb downloads is the fastest but the tech told me that the the actual top speed in 1.4mb download speed. Routinely through the day we are actually around 450kbs. Is hughesnet gen4 for worth the money? Is 10mbps actually 10? I have read that a bunch of people are only getting 1mps download. Any help is appreciated.

3mbps download is advertised actual best is 1.4mbps but most days I have to power cycle the modem so that I am not stuck at 256kbps. I called to compain yesterday thats when I found out that my actual max is 1.6mbps. I need to do something. I am using my mobile hotspot right now. But it just chews up my data plan. Is Hughs net Gen4 a viable option?

Its an option, but satellite internet is strongly not recommended.. Have you looked to see if their are any ISP's in your area that offer 4G internet?? That may be cheaper and much more reliable! Well, that is depending how rural you are, if you get 4G. 

For example 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/lte-internet-installed/

post-522-0-61998000-1439615974.png

Sorry, im not important anymore, so i cannot see your IP address so know where you are located..