Comcast strikes again... at a new location. PLEASE HELP

IDOCSortino

So I posted THIS a while back seeking help for Comcast's notoriously terrible internet. Needless to say, this issue was never solved. No one here was able to help, no one on Comcasts end helped.

...My lease was finally up (Aurora, IL) and I was able to move to a different town (Plainfield, IL). Internet was working GREAT... for the first 2 days. Then, everything seemed oh so familiar. Constant issues, download is shit, upload is now even MORE shit than the last place I lived.

I seriously need help. I can't go another two years of terrible internet. I'm a partnered broadcaster on Twitch.TV and this is what I do for money. At this rate, I'm not able to stream because of how LOW my upload is. The cycle is literally repeating itself and I'm utterly LOST.

Do you have their residential or business class internet?

I have residential. Funny thing is I upgraded to business class at my last location but it didn't resolve anything. Even when speaking to a supervisor about internet at my new location, he said business class wouldn't change anything.

That's very odd usually they provide higher level of service to businesses in terms of speed and reliability I'm assuming you've tried the common things such as a new modem, no router, changing your cat5 cables out? Have you had the techs install new fittings try adding an attenuator?

That's very odd usually they provide higher level of service to businesses in terms of speed and reliability I'm assuming you've tried the common things such as a new modem, no router, changing your cat5 cables out? Have you had the techs install new fittings try adding an attenuator?

I went as far as buying my own modem after making the last post months back; didn't change anything. My modem doesn't have a router, so we're good there. As far as the rest, I moved into this place as of the 15th of this month so I couldn't tell you. I've opened another ticket with Corporate today but who KNOWS when this issue will be resolved.

Is there anything on my end I can do to see if it's my computer or not? It strikes me as odd how my speeds (using this site) are the same here as they were at my last place. I figured moving would have fixed it.

At the risk of asking for answers to things you've already answered a thousand times:

1. what do your traceroutes to different known entities look like? i.e. what kind of hop times are you seeing to places like Google, Yahoo, Twitter, and the like?

2. Have you tried any VPN software to see if there's some sort of throttling going on you might be able to mitigate with a VPN?

I had horrific download speeds with Verizon FiOS; like you I need high speed Internet for my business. The iPad magazine I publish, which is hosted on Amazon AWS--also the same place where Netflix hosts, would take over an hour to download.

Started using a VPN, magically the magazine downloads in about a minute now; there's no question to me they were throttling my bandwidth. In my case, I do pay for Verizon business, and they still

A. claimed the weren't throttling

B. were throttling

All the traceroutes, pings, etc., etc., were useless in diagnosing the issue.

Interestingly, I had the same issue at both my home and office, too. Both of which are Verizon FiOS business lines.

There are ways to test and see if your lan or computer are causing the problems but you will need two computers to test it basically you could setup a local file transfer using lighttpd or something along those lines or use a ftp server on one machine and transfer a file to another tests like that may rule out your lan if your lan is not causing the issue then it's out of your control aside from calling and complaining... Quite a while back I was having issues with Cox it took me 3 months of calling multiple times a week to finally have them send out a maintenance tech who swapped out a local amplifier that appeared to be working right was showing no issues once he swapped it my problems disappeared make as much noise as you can is my only advice just try to be polite to the technicians they are just doing their job

Hey everyone,

So a while back I posted here about some internet issues I was having. Two years at that location and it was never fixed. I finally was able to move and unfortunately got stuck with Comcast as my provider again.

Needless to say, me moving was probably the worst decision I've made regarding this ISP, because now I'm experiencing WORSE problems than my last location...and I've only lived here for 12 days. I'm extremely dependant on my upload speed specifically because I'm a broadcaster to Twitch.TV and that's how I make my income.

Without at least 4-5Mbps I cannot manage to pull a quality broadcast without it going to hell.

I've provided a Google Document[1for real time updates regarding the issues I'm currently having. To some, you may think me documenting everything is extreme, but I've already dealt with this once before and I'm going to make sure everyone is held responsible.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

I'm going to suggest something along the lines of Triran

There is a common denominator here, you. Now to rule the you out. 

Turn off, unplug everything you have outside of the ISP equipment. Everything wifi or wired, remove it all. 

Bring in someone with a machine that has no affiliation in any sense to any of the machine or work you do and run tests, what are the results.