Roco

Just dropped in to say Hi from the UK

Hi All

Just dropped in to say Hi  , it’s  been a while , long enough to have forgotten my password  !!!!

I am still bopping along on Xp , but I got Plans for a new box build + Win 10 this winter ,Just letting the dust settle on 10 as I still haven’t recovered from buying Win M.E. when it was first released

Still with B.T for my FTTC ,  @ 40 x 10 ,  the speed never varies ,  so I don’t test often these days ,  but will do one now  just for old times sake

Test results  = 37.8 x 8.7 Mbps   sure beats 56k dial up , now those were the days “not”

Best Regards

Roco 

Hi from SW ohio in the US. Yeah. They definitely weren't the days. Lots of gurgling noises and connecting every 3rd or 4th try.

Good morning Pgoodwin Ohio ,

This sound will forever haunt me.

I was totaly in awe that I could comunicate with the word in real time,

got to admit I still feel that way , indeed a great learning tool & friendship maker

Hi All

Just dropped in to say Hi  , it’s  been a while , long enough to have forgotten my password  !!!!

I am still bopping along on Xp , but I got Plans for a new box build + Win 10 this winter ,Just letting the dust settle on 10 as I still haven’t recovered from buying Win M.E. when it was first released

Still with B.T for my FTTC ,  @ 40 x 10 ,  the speed never varies ,  so I don’t test often these days ,  but will do one now  just for old times sake

Test results  = 37.8 x 8.7 Mbps   sure beats 56k dial up , now those were the days “not”

Best Regards

Roco 

Dammit I still love you Roco!  :smitten:

Every time I think I have forgotten about you, I see you in a past thread, I just start recovering, and poof, there you are. 

Thanks, for showing up here and again. 

Hi Guys

Thanks , still around and kicking ( not so high kicking these day though ( age related )

But still have itchy feet , thinking of moving on again

I have a cunning plan ,keep moving house and the grim reaper  won’t catch up with me

(Never was a logical thinker me )

Roco- News Anchor ? =,

UK news is dominated by 2 problems ,  the 1st being  the entire middle East , wants to migrate to the overcrowded UK ,

The 2nd  is the UK has a vote coming up to leave the  “open borders policy European Union “,

being myself an immigrant to the UK  as a 2 year old . I am keeping neutral ,

my personal regret I never did route 66 on a Harley D ,it's  been my dream for over 40 years ,

Best regards USA,

with you guys all the way

Roco

i can't say as to how well the problems over there are going, but i know the main headlines over here are the white cops are racist because they shot someone, but you never hear the other stories where its the reverse.

anyway, route 66 on a Harley, i cant say motorcycles are my thing as i've never owned one but i can say that would be an amazing road trip!

safe travels man.

Hi Ryan

Without being racist , " for the thought cops" ( I follow your way of thinking Bro )

I have found being white with the fading suntan race,card doesen' tmakes me imune to a speeding ticket

hey no bike Ryan , belive the only way to tour , ac/ and sealed box is no way smell the shit,

indeed route 66  

aha  bike's dont seem my style, i would prefer to be driving the dodge challenger hellcat with that super charged hemi pushing 707hp and a mean roar.  then again, im biased.

edit for link/

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/challenger-srt-hellcat/

Edited by RyanS

Hey Roco!  Happy to see you're still around.  You always make me laugh.

hahaha

You're finally getting away from XP... that's a good plan.  Definitely served its purpose for a long time but its life is over.  Windows ME... one OS I'm glad I pirated instead of buying.  :-P  -- I have high hopes for Windows 10, haven't had a chance to try it myself yet but hopefully soon.  From what I've read it seems like they've listened to their customers and have come up with something better than the previous generation.  Need to get my hands on it to form my own opinion.

CHEERS!

@ RyanS , 707 hp , or is it Brake horse power(BHP )  either way  it counts for little off road ,Seen many a 4x4 goliath

overtaken in the mud  by a MTB ( mountain Trail bike )  but neither has climbed mount  , only done regular by native Sherpas on foot using  human BHP , + about  about 60% power of 1 horse , it's all relative I guess , as we say horses for courses ,

anyway when are you guys going ISO metric ? ,  By the end of the 20th century, all countries in the world, besides the U.S., used the Celsius scale, rather than the Fahrenheit scale;.

WTF is feet and inches & Lbs weight also F for temerature , every time I post to America I have to use a conversion program , How the USA  managed to put the first man on our moon beats me ? :cheesy:

no insult intende it's just my dark Brit humour  ( spelt with a "U " )

@ Cable , what can I say but thanks for a great testing site ,I have learnt so much about the vagaris on internet connections , indeed from my 4mbps ADSL  connection at best (2.5 mbps )  which my ISP  (Brit  Telecom totaly ignored my complaints ,indeed distance )  to my delight on their FTTC cab roll out ,

your site and forum kept me sane ( almost )  , but I am know to have sane relapses  occasionaly )

@  all the TMN forum members ,just "thanks for being part of my life" met some great home town  folk here"

even at 3000 miles distance

Oh hell another double post from Roco,  but uk winter is comming up,, my forum chit chat/off topic time

or the time for a new " shut the door there is a cold drauft  coming in  puter build , mayby a win 10 machine ?,

Hi Cable thanks for saying this erstwhile Brits past posts make you smile .

been registered here longer than most guys  I know have remained married  ( lol )

Indeed I signed in  but can never leave  =  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyy4yaVwsv0

Indeed I feel privileged to be here ,  although never having wanted to be engulfed into computer nerdy world , just a chit chat guy me, looking for info on   either computers or car engines,and other thousands of my  thoughts and sharing of knowledge ,

Indeed I long ago I arrived at TMN from a Dutch forum , never regretted  being here ,

met some great USA guys who I have still email contact with , just for how you doing and whats going on state side ,

They know who they are ( indeed no names no pack drill as we say “ ) and indeed Tdawaz lured me back to post again

Just wanted to say , glad we lost the battle of USA independence , it was right and just ,

Indeed a new Nation was born , that still in these troubled times has my full respect and support,

Indeed the Eagles “ California” , Please sign me up ,  we have had near on a month  of record breaking rain in the green lush UK ,

Best Regards

Roco UK

Hi all from Roco UK

Tis that silly season yet again ,

Time to weigh down the postman  with Christmas cards

and to spend a kings ransom for stamps on folk you never liked anyway,

don’t get me started on food buying for a 2 day break ,

why do I always buy a large jar of picked onions ? , they never get eaten

indeed the silly season , I wonder if Turkeys get excited about Christmas

grouse over  have a great Christmas ,

BTW I read somewhere you guys don't have  Boxing Day  (26 Dec ,) , It's tradition in the UK

the day to box up unused food from  Christmas Day  to give to servants and the poor ,  Things change very slowly in Britain

Roco 

2CV  christmas card 2015.jpg

45 minutes ago, Roco said:

Hi all from Roco UK

Tis that silly season yet again ,

Time to weigh down the postman  with Christmas cards

and to spend a kings ransom for stamps on folk you never liked anyway,

don’t get me started on food buying for a 2 day break ,

why do I always buy a large jar of picked onions ? , they never get eaten

indeed the silly season , I wonder if Turkeys get excited about Christmas

grouse over  have a great Christmas ,

BTW I read somewhere you guys don't have  Boxing Day  (26 Dec ,) , It's tradition in the UK

the day to box up unused food from  Christmas Day  to give to servants and the poor ,  Things change very slowly in Britain

Roco 

2CV  christmas card 2015.jpg

Most 'Murikans keep shit it the fridge and keep the lights up well into January. lol