Charter Communications

guru

BBB or Class action lawsuit?  

1. 1. BBB or Class action lawsuit?

• File complaint with BBB
    • File class action lawsuit

I've been getting slapped around by Charter Communications. They are charging me $600/month for 3mb/sec down and 1mb/sec up plus 13 ip addresses, however testmy.net reports between 0.2mb/sec to 0.6mb/sec on my upstream. Despite my many complaints, Charter will not do anything to help me. They take my number and say someone will call me back and nothing happens. I know that your upload test is very accurate and I have no idea what to do next. I am sick of being ripped off and here is my question: Should I complain to the BBB or should I file a class action suit against Charter?

Here is the problem... If the item that you are suing for is less than $10,000 it most likely isnt worth your time or money unless you are going to work with a lawyer that isnt going to request any money... If I were you I would call Charter ask to talk to the manager or head tech... By the way are these guaranteed speeds?? It sounds like this is a business connection of some sort... If they are you might have a case of fraud against them but talk to a lawyer before you start shooting your mouth... If they recommend a tech to come out let them come out and see what is going on with the connection... If it is a business connection I dont know if you will ever get the full upload off of a network... I think that you have to go directly from the line that is coming in from the ISP. If it is a T1 line like I am guessing that it is.... Then there is no reason for you not to get the bandwidth... Give them a call before you do anything and tell them that you are tired of being hassled around...

I have also called them and complained so many times that it's no longer funny. These are guranteed speeds -- I am providing web hosting, however it is so unreliable because of them that I am loosing more money than I will ever be able to make.