How to automatically email each test result?

riskyscientist

My speed starts out at a certain level and then drifts down and down until there is no connection. The process takes hours to happen so cannot be immediately demonstrated to a visiting engineer.  This tool seems ideal, as I could show the speed history, except that if I go back to the web page where the test is run after the connection is lost, I find a blank page and my test results are lost.  If I catch it before the connection is lost I can however see the speed dropping - almost perfect!

Is there a way I can have *each* test emailed to my home email? If I could do that, I could run the test for longer and not risk losing my test results.

Great tool - thanks for creating it!

RiskyScientist

You don't risk losing your test results.  Yes, if your IP changes during that time you could lose track of them... but now that you're a member just make sure you're signed in.  As long as you're signed in TMN will keep track of every result for you.  If you have issues during the auto test that cause it to not finish you can always come back and get the results up to the point it happened.  Instead of TMN emailing you each time, it's logging the information to your personal database.  Just make sure you're logged in case your IP changes so that your results are all saved by username.

In the near future the test will recover itself when that happens and resume testing when the connection's back online.

Great tool - thanks for creating it!

You're welcome.  I'm happy it's helping people.