The "My Results" graphs are misleading, they need to be fixed

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but the data shown on the "My Results" page, which displays a graph of multiple sessions of logging, doesn't correctly represent the time intervals between tests. For example, I could do 2 tests 5 minutes apart, wait a week and do another test, and all tests will be shown with the same x-axis spacing between them. While it might be easier to show all the data scrunched together, it's very misleading. An option should at least be added to differentiate between testing sessions on a larger graph.  

• 1 year later...

Useless is a little strong. The results plots are very useful as is. You can select it and get dates and times. The fact that the x axis doesn't use fixed intervals isn't a big negative. It's a record, for as many days as you choose. I'm rarely interested in what happens every x minutes. Certainly an option to scale the x-axis to some user defined interval might be helpful. You do have the option to select individual TIP plots where the x-axis is scaled.

• 5 months later...

Not sure if this is the right place to jump in but......   I ran 4 or 5 download tests this morning.... I contacted my ISP and ran 3 more download tests while they were on the line. I went to RESULTS to see all the data points for the day but only the last 3 showed on the graph. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't the graph have the results for the last 6 days as selected in the "DAYS" field? Surely it should contain all the points for the day.   Is it me or the RESULTS function?

https://testmy.net/compID/1492222627245

Edited by mudmanc4
Added Live Graph

• 3 months later...

If I want to send a graph to my ISP as evidence of woeful performance, it will need a timescale along the bottom so I can can say for instance "here is a graph of performance tested every 30 mins over the past 24 hours. Then each data point can be tied close to a time of day.  Without an X-axis scale its just a wavy line of speed.