automatic testing

Wes Mundle

9 hours ago, Wes Mundle said:

I must have accidentally started automatic speed testing, it is now, and has been for several weeks constantly speed testing, it is almost like non-stop.  Can someone please tell me how to STOP it.  Thanks.  Wes

565443cd01984_Screenshotfrom2015-11-2406

Here are the two tests that were taken from your computer while not logged in.

There are very specific settings for the auto speed test. All of which are completely ended when the browser tab is closed as TriRan mentioned.

Are you referring to another computer than you are posting from?

We have 3 computers here, one is a laptop that is never on.  the other one is on all the time same as this one is, however I have never used it for a testmy.net speed test.  I thought I had it stopped, but tonight my service was slow again so I went in and tried to do a DOWNLOAD speed test.  After several minutes I gave up because it was not doing anything.  I shut my moden/router off, that did not help, I shut the modem/router off and disconnected from the power for about a minuted.  Started it up again, it helped the speed a bit.  I went into testmy. net again and checked the "Database speed test recent results".  The tests are constant, however, my modem is not always active.  IS THIS "DATABASE SPEED TEST RECENT RESULTS" THAT I AM LOOKING FOR MY COMPUTER?

I was sure that I had it stopped but if this info is for my my email address then I do not have it stopped.

I apologize for being such a pain in the a##, but I am ready to throw AOL out the window and I have been with them for about 15 years because every night our service is super slow and often during the day as well.

Wes Mundle 

When you're logged in, do these unexpected test results have a yellow background such as the following example on the first two rows?

56579bd12cd78_Loggedouttest.png.18278126

If you do see results highlighted in yellow similar to the above, what this probably means is that your internet connection goes through a shared IP address, such as a carrier grade NAT.  One good example of this is cellular mobile data connections where all the devices on the network connect through a small handful of IP addresses.  Even my fixed wireless ISP connection has a shared IP and I often see other user's results appear on the Results page highlighted in yellow.

You can hide these by making sure you're logged in and then click the following button at the bottom of the results page:

56579d9023bd6_Hideresultsbutton.png.e4dd