Just a hello

smithers36

Just signed up and wish to say hello to everyone and a big thx to this website which i have been using few a while now. I signed up to keep track of my speeds using the auto test as the speeds i get where i live (Scenic Rim, QLD, Australia) are very ordinary and my ISP have apparently boosted my speed but still need to make sure I'm getting value for money.

See you round the forums

John 

No I don't have any other service through them.  We are going to be getting Google's Fiber network soon.  It is being installed right now but who knows how long it will be before it's ready.  And Google charges the same price of $70 for their Gigabit network.  So as soon as that is available, I will be switching to it.

Just now, RideDucati said:

No I don't have any other service through them.  We are going to be getting Google's Fiber network soon.  It is being installed right now but who knows how long it will be before it's ready.  And Google charges the same price of $70 for their Gigabit network.  So as soon as that is available, I will be switching to it.

Your killing me man lol

I pay just over 100 bones for 65/5 , to get what you have now, It would be $250, and only 5Mbps up

http://buckeyecablesystem.com/order/bex.html

Just now, mudmanc4 said:

Northern Ohio southern MI, maybe further by now.

Oh crap, I should have known from the name.  Lol.  I had Clear wireless 4g before this but they stopped their service so now I have this.  Much better.  I was paying $50 for about 15/10.  But it was cool because I could bring their 4G modem with me wherever I went.  Like if I went to a friends house that didn't have broadband, all I had to do is bring the modem with a built in wifi router and just plug in the power and boom, broadband.  I could even put it in my car with an AC/DC converter and drive around with broadband. lol.

2 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Soon as there is fiber I'm hitting it up. I can't complain about service, it's near flawless and consistent as anything could be expected. But pricing a no more than a gouge, with no viable choices. Hence the price gouge.

I feel ya on that.  Competition is a good thing for the end user.

4 minutes ago, RideDucati said:

I feel ya on that.  Competition is a good thing for the end user.

Yes, the Block family has deep rooted connections in Ohio, the Toledo Blade paper has made them social gems for political prowess. They get what they want. Even if that means insuring no one else in the area.

You can find DSL, and Dish, but why go there unless you[r] online life consists of no more than football and facebook.

Just now, mudmanc4 said:

Yes, the Block family has deep rooted connections in Ohio, the Toledo Blade paper has made them social gems for political prowess. They get what they want. Even if that means insuring no one else in the area.

You can find DSL, and Dish, but why go there unless you online life consists of no more than football and facebook.

Lol

1 minute ago, RideDucati said:

Time Warner even gave me a $100 Visa gift card for getting service.  No installation fees or anything.  Just a solid $77.99 a month including fees and all.

They are paying to find what you buy with it, therefore they can send like minded advertisements your way. But hey, it's cash. Spend it XD