Just a hello

smithers36

19 minutes ago, RideDucati said:

Where is that located at?

Here are the prices.  http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/plans-packages/internet/internet-service-plans.html?iid=internet-lob:1:1:compareplans

And here is what the speeds have been increased to about a month or two ago.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/enjoy/better-twc/internet.html

27 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Your killing me man lol

I pay just over 100 bones for 65/5 , to get what you have now, It would be $250, and only 5Mbps up

http://buckeyecablesystem.com/order/bex.html

So am I understanding the plans correctly at Buckey Cable?  You have a data cap?  If so, is it a hard cap or do they just throttle your speed?

5 minutes ago, RideDucati said:

So am I understanding the plans correctly at Buckey Cable?  You have a data cap?  If so, is it a hard cap or do they just throttle your speed?

500 Gigs on the plan I'm in. If you go over they'll auto charge 10 clams for an additional 10 Gigs (I think) I've never gone over, but very close many times. I see no throttling of standard web ports.

1 hour ago, mudmanc4 said:

They are paying to find what you buy with it, therefore they can send like minded advertisements your way. But hey, it's cash. Spend it XD

That's a conspiracy theory for sure.  I highly doubt that it's legal for them to even get access to those records.  The gift card is probably Visa or Mastercard.  Comcast isn't going to be granted access to see what's purchased.  It's a gift card... but it's still a credit card for all intensive purpose.  I'm sure those transactions are private.

I could be wrong.  If there is evidence otherwise I'd love to see it.

20 minutes ago, CA3LE said:

That's a conspiracy theory for sure.  I highly doubt that it's legal for them to even get access to those records.  The gift card is probably Visa or Mastercard.  Comcast isn't going to be granted access to see what's purchased.  It's a gift card... but it's still a credit card for all intensive purpose.  I'm sure those transactions are private.

I could be wrong.  If there is evidence otherwise I'd love to see it.

You could be right. Though with all campaigns there is tracking. The campaign here being 'buy this service and receive a 100 gift card'. They are not doing this so 'be nice', what is in it for anyone if it is a gift in a corporate business? The future payments of said client? That as well I am sure. Yet completely useless to the business, hell, they could simply grant 8 clams off the monthly cost for one year if they were not after anything.

The card was registered to {place subsidiary here/ or not} of TWC, as with all prepaid top tier card ( MC Visa) they are registered when they are purchased. Then assigned to an account (TWC user) when granted. They are registered under the guise of 'theft protection' and 'government security'. Otherwise people would be moving large amounts of money to and fro for any number of reasons. Can't have that.

Legalities? Sure, if said promotion is run by a subsidiary, or third party I'm sure they have the legalities covered.