Just saying Hello

ACreavy

I moved to Valdosta Georgia a year ago from the land of high speed internet in Connecticut. I have setup office in the old Man Cave about 50 feet from the house. So internet is always over WiFi.

The locals tell me that if you live near a good school district you get sucky internet and vice versa with a bad school district. I am on AT&T DSL Max plus. The upload speed sucks even when I connected directly with the modem in the house.

https://testmy.net/db/BwnT~dfNM.xb2hkMKDu

Edited by CA3LE
graphed screenshot

Welcome to TestMy.net ACreavy!

22 minutes ago, ACreavy said:

The locals tell me that if you live near a good school district you get sucky internet and vice versa with a bad school district. I am on AT&T DSL Max plus. The upload speed sucks even when I connected directly with the modem in the house.

Really, I've never heard that before.  Maybe in your area the schools are on AT&T also and the better schools with more computers are sucking up the bandwidth.  Or maybe in the good school district areas the population in general is bogging down the bandwidth.  If the locals are saying that, there may be some truth to it.

If I were in your area, Valdosta, GA (your detected here as Leesburg, GA) I'd be hitting up Mediacom Cable. [Mediacom Cable Internet website]

566af1c225373_ScreenShot2015-12-11at8.54
looking at the ISP Rank tab

And detected in Valdosta

566af26a1585c_ScreenShot2015-12-11at8.56

Looks like the best bet in the area IMO.

No what is happening is if you live downtown you can get  Mediacom Cable with high speed internet etc but its only AT&T dsl in my area and nothing else. We are less than a quarter mile from the hub. They tell me there fiber here to but the good old boy Town Manager does not want to upset AT&T to better their service. This is Georgia and they do things slowly. I gave up playing games online with my friends as I would the guy rubberbanding lol.