Jump to content
Rocky Henriques

Upload test returns "Page not found"

Recommended Posts

I am having problems uploading images to Zazzle, CafePress and Greeting Card Universe, so I thought I would test my upload here at testmy.net. Whenever I click on the download button, everything works fine, but when I click on the upload button, I get a "Webpage not available" message.

 

I am using Chrome on a Windows 7. Everything is updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocky Henriques said:

I am closest to Dallas, but got the same result when I chose somewhere else. Is there perhaps something on my computer which is not right?

Lets open  a shell on windows or CMD and run a traceroute to testmy.net

tracert testmy.net

 

Just an FYI no more: I just tested the upload to Dallas and had normal results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. AT https://testmy.net/mirror, there is a "Test My Internet" button in the upper right corner. I thought I would try that one--it did the download test fine, but as soon as it tried the upload test, I got the "Web page not available" again.

 

If anyone can help I would sure appreciate this. Something apparently is blocking uploads from my computer. I've disabled virus software temporarily to see if that made a difference, but it did not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Do you have Firefox installed, or use Internet Explorer which you could verify if this is an issue with an addon in Chrome.

I just used IE 11, and it tested fine. Must be a problem with Chrome (which I prefer) but I just don't know what it is.

 

Thanks for your help and the time you've taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocky Henriques said:

I just used IE 11, and it tested fine. Must be a problem with Chrome (which I prefer) but I just don't know what it is.

 

Thanks for your help and the time you've taken.

Disable each addon or extension one at a time, and test if you don't mind it could be useful to someone else using the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Disable each addon or extension one at a time, and test if you don't mind it could be useful to someone else using the same thing.

Well, I didn't have many extensions to start with, so it didn't take long to disable them one at a time as you suggested. I also relaunched Chrome after each one and tested again. Same result. It's obviously something with Chrome. (It is the current version, btw.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

13 minutes ago, Rocky Henriques said:

Well, I didn't have many extensions to start with, so it didn't take long to disable them one at a time as you suggested. I also relaunched Chrome after each one and tested again. Same result. It's obviously something with Chrome. (It is the current version, btw.)

In Chrome, goto chrome://net-internals/#dns and clear the host cache;

Then goto chrome://net-internals/#sockets and flush socket pools

 

Restart Chrome and test again

 

edit:

Reasoning here is due to Chrome having it's own DNS cache, sometimes this can get corrupt or other. The result will be Chrome is forced to do DNS lookups again, which happens in milliseconds at any rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:
7 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

 

 

In Chrome, goto chrome://net-internals/#dns and clear the host cache;

Then goto chrome://net-internals/#sockets and flush socket pools

 

Restart Chrome and test again

 

edit:

Reasoning here is due to Chrome having it's own DNS cache, sometimes this can get corrupt or other. The result will be Chrome is forced to do DNS lookups again, which happens in milliseconds at any rate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocky Henriques said:

I followed your instructions, but did not have any success. Same result.

 

I'm going to run spybot and see if it finds anything. Will let you know what I find.

 

Thanks so much for your time.

That is the direction I was thinking as well. You could also have a look at hyjack this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Spybot (free version) and Malware bytes (premium) did not find anything. So I began to look elsewhere. I remembered that I had recently installed AVG Zen (paid version), so I wondered if there was a conflict somewhere with something else already installed.

 

Enter "Adfender." When I disabled it, I was able to use the upload feature here on TestMy.net. There had never been a problem before, so I am assuming there is some sort of conflict between Adfender and AVG. 

 

Anyway, thanks so much for your trouble and time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...