Upload test returns "Page not found"

Rocky Henriques

I am having problems uploading images to Zazzle, CafePress and Greeting Card Universe, so I thought I would test my upload here at testmy.net. Whenever I click on the download button, everything works fine, but when I click on the upload button, I get a "Webpage not available" message.

I am using Chrome on a Windows 7. Everything is updated.

Just now, Rocky Henriques said:

I am closest to Dallas, but got the same result when I chose somewhere else. Is there perhaps something on my computer which is not right?

Lets open  a shell on windows or CMD and run a traceroute to testmy.net

tracert testmy.net

Just an FYI no more: I just tested the upload to Dallas and had normal results.

Thank you. AT https://testmy.net/mirror, there is a "Test My Internet" button in the upper right corner. I thought I would try that one--it did the download test fine, but as soon as it tried the upload test, I got the "Web page not available" again.

If anyone can help I would sure appreciate this. Something apparently is blocking uploads from my computer. I've disabled virus software temporarily to see if that made a difference, but it did not.

2 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Do you have Firefox installed, or use Internet Explorer which you could verify if this is an issue with an addon in Chrome.

I just used IE 11, and it tested fine. Must be a problem with Chrome (which I prefer) but I just don't know what it is.

Thanks for your help and the time you've taken.

Just now, Rocky Henriques said:

I just used IE 11, and it tested fine. Must be a problem with Chrome (which I prefer) but I just don't know what it is.

Thanks for your help and the time you've taken.

Disable each addon or extension one at a time, and test if you don't mind it could be useful to someone else using the same thing.

7 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

Disable each addon or extension one at a time, and test if you don't mind it could be useful to someone else using the same thing.

Well, I didn't have many extensions to start with, so it didn't take long to disable them one at a time as you suggested. I also relaunched Chrome after each one and tested again. Same result. It's obviously something with Chrome. (It is the current version, btw.)

13 minutes ago, Rocky Henriques said:

Well, I didn't have many extensions to start with, so it didn't take long to disable them one at a time as you suggested. I also relaunched Chrome after each one and tested again. Same result. It's obviously something with Chrome. (It is the current version, btw.)

In Chrome, goto chrome://net-internals/#dns and clear the host cache;

Then goto chrome://net-internals/#sockets and flush socket pools

Restart Chrome and test again

edit:

Reasoning here is due to Chrome having it's own DNS cache, sometimes this can get corrupt or other. The result will be Chrome is forced to do DNS lookups again, which happens in milliseconds at any rate.

25 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:
7 minutes ago, mudmanc4 said:

In Chrome, goto chrome://net-internals/#dns and clear the host cache;

Then goto chrome://net-internals/#sockets and flush socket pools

Restart Chrome and test again

edit:

Reasoning here is due to Chrome having it's own DNS cache, sometimes this can get corrupt or other. The result will be Chrome is forced to do DNS lookups again, which happens in milliseconds at any rate.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Spybot (free version) and Malware bytes (premium) did not find anything. So I began to look elsewhere. I remembered that I had recently installed AVG Zen (paid version), so I wondered if there was a conflict somewhere with something else already installed.

Enter "Adfender." When I disabled it, I was able to use the upload feature here on TestMy.net. There had never been a problem before, so I am assuming there is some sort of conflict between Adfender and AVG. 

Anyway, thanks so much for your trouble and time!