removing test results from old Is ISP

drdml

Earthlink, my old service provider, was very slow,  I recently changed to faster service from TW.  Is there a way that I can removed the old Earthlink results?  They are of of no relevance to me, and they distort the summaries of of my downward and upload speeds.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a solution!

Best,

drdml

\\

I used to use Earthlink, which was very slow.  I recently upgraded to a faster TW plan.  I would like to delete my old earthlink results, because they merely distort the recent upload and download speed that I've been getting.  Is there a way to do it?

Thanks to anyone who offers helpful advice!

Best, drdml

Sure... but check this out first.

Go to My Results and then change the "Days" in the top right.  Filter them out instead of deleting them.

Also, looking at your results... you're testing WAY too often.  You're wasting your bandwidth by doing that... and mine.  5 minute intervals are even too often in my opinion.  Don't think of this tool as a consistent monitor... if you do it that way you're sending and receiving a steady stream of information.  This will degrade the performance whenever the test is running.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=01232016&x=5&l=250&q=drdml

Once every 10-15 seconds!  Jiminy Cricket!  In just the past 24 hours you've run over 8GB of tests.  On a 50 Mbps connection that is extremely unnecessary... it also shows that you're loading the test in a way that violates the terms of use.  

(E.3) Users of TMN shall not deploy automated scripts of any kind. Use of automated scripts outside of what is offered by TMN or without express permission of TMN will result in the request being blocked or the client IP being banned permanently.

No worries, just a friendly reminder.  Once every 5 minutes will give you a very useful amount of information without overdoing it.  Just use the auto test instead.

I was just having a look at this myself :unsure:

Not to mention the TWC cap will certainly be costly at some point. With Buckeye, after the cap is hit, it's ten bucks per 10 gig.

From what I can see, without a TWC account, they charge $1/GB over {whatever is in the contract agreement} same thing as Buckeye, if it still stands.

6 hours ago, drdml said:

Is there a way that I can removed the old Earthlink results?

go to https://testmy.net/compID/2214220654009 (the ID associated with your old earthlink connection) then expand the results to show 1000/page...

Right in the same area as the results/page is a check all box and next to it is a red X icon.  Check all, and delete.  Do that twice because you have more than 1000 results.

56a3eef962f7b_ScreenShot2016-01-23at2.20

I went ahead and did this for you.

Dear CA3LE

Sorry for wasting your bandwith (and mine).  The reason for my insane behavior: On downloads, they work for me about about 10-20 times in a row, and then they don't work about 10-15 times in a row.  When the downloads don't work, they start but stop somewhere between 50% & 90% complete.  The problem isn't degradation through overuse at one time.  Each day when I start the tests, I usually can't complete a download the first 10-15 times.  Then it works, for a while, stops working, works, stops working, etc.  The reason for so many tests is that I keep moving my computer (which is anywhere from an inch to two feet from my router), or changing the router channel, or trying other things to see whether I can find a configuration that doesn't have a problem.  So far, no luck.  Also, I've been using it as a way to pass the time when I'm awake because of insomnia! lol!  In any case, so far no luck: the successful download rate never really changed.  

But my apologies for wasting you bandwith & mine!  (I didn't realize there was a cap and this costs money.)  I appreciate your patience and generosity.  Oddly, there was no automated script.  While reading a book, I just kept hitting the retest button...unless I was moving the router, changing its broadcast  channel, etc.  My apologies for the stupid behavior.  

Best,

drdml

3 hours ago, drdml said:

Oddly, there was no automated script.  While reading a book, I just kept hitting the retest button...

If you're using it like that you're fine.  It's only an issue if you weren't at your computer and had your own program reloading the test.  Otherwise, as long as it's helping you understand your connection better... test as often as you need to.  Don't worry about the cost, I don't.  TMN has ads for a reason. ;)   -- all I ask is that you please keep telling your friends.

3 hours ago, drdml said:

Oh, and the autotest almost never works for me: it's too big (40 something gigs).  Test of around 36-38 gigs runs some of the time.  Those over 40, almost never.

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing?  There is no 40GB test here, 200MB is the max.  Look at https://testmy.net/auto - it's the same tests but you can make them run automatically with the parameters you set.  If you meant to say MB not GB you should investigate why you can't run larger tests.  Until you figure that out you can always set the minimum test size and check the "nfw" (No ForWard) option to force a smaller test size.

3 hours ago, drdml said:

And mudmanc4, I just checked and there is no cap on my TW account.  Chat just confirmed that downloads and uploads with my plan were "unlimited."  But thank you for the concern!

Best,

drddml

Hey that is awesome, I read what I could find in the time I had and how they were planning on getting rid of the cap they stated after the buyout. It's great they chose to leave it open. When I was with them there was no cap, I only heard from them if I went a bit wild and popped up in there 'high percentage of usage'. Even then they never penalized me for it.