Interpret these results

shrydvd

I am curious what someone may be able to tell me about these results.  I work from home with my work & home computers being on the same network etc.  However, my work computer has to go through a VPN.  Now, I am not sure if I am correct in this, but I am assuming that all the traffic from my work computer goes to my office (or wherever the server is) then goes out to the Internet and then reverses this course for incoming.  My thought then is that the network speed/connection at my office is the primary culprit for the slow speeds, etc.  Again, I am ignorant about most of this and would appreciate any input you may have.  Thank you.

Computer 1 Computer 2    
    On a VPN Not on VPN    
    Windows 7 Professional Windows 10 Pro    
    HP Probook 6450b desktop    
    Intel Core i5 2.40 GHz AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.30 Ghz    
    4 GB memory 8 GB memory    
    32 bit OS 64 bit OS    
Test 1 Download Error 3600 ms Latency 99.87 Mbps Test site 1
Upload   77.71 Mbps
Latency   10 ms
Test 2 Download 7.6 Mbps 71.3 Mbps Test site 2
Upload 5.6 Mbps 26.3 Mbps
Test 3 Download After 3 minutes gave up & re-started 58.5 Mbps
Upload 16.9 Mbps
Test 4 Download 12.8 Mbps (1.6 MB packet) 53.3 Mbps (6.7MB packet)
Upload 3.4 Mbps (427 kb packet) 21.3 Mbps (2.7 MB packet)

Those results make sense to me. The VPN is a huge tax on throughput. I should probably say "can be" instead of "is", as it's site dependent.

i haven't run a speed test through a VPN, but I get interrupts and disconnects (which reconnect by themselves after a bit) now and then (like your errors in your VPN column). 

Doing normal work, depending on how many other people are using the network I'm logging in to, I get varying response on my remote laptop - slow IE, slow mouse actions, disconnects/reconnects etc.

your results seem to describe what my remote connection does - with and without a VPN connection.

14 hours ago, Pgoodwin1 said:

Those results make sense to me. The VPN is a huge tax on throughput. I should probably say "can be" instead of "is", as it's site dependent.

i haven't run a speed test through a VPN, but I get interrupts and disconnects (which reconnect by themselves after a bit) now and then (like your errors in your VPN column). 

Doing normal work, depending on how many other people are using the network I'm logging in to, I get varying response on my remote laptop - slow IE, slow mouse actions, disconnects/reconnects etc.

your results seem to describe what my remote connection does - with and without a VPN connection.

Thank you Pgoodwin1.  I have an ulterior motive for asking.  I believe that my employer is using a terrible connection/service & think that if I can convince them to switch services to one with more bandwidth it would help all of us.  As it stands, they encourage us to telework but everyone complains about the slow speeds.