Wrong Time Zone

Wrayth

• 1 month later...

I have a similar issue.  You have a great site and very helpful.  Discovered it while researching an intermittent  wireless slowdown, which appears now to be from my ISP.  I am running some long term tests on my desktop to begin a discussion with them, but the time in my logs show test times two hours earlier than actual.  My detected information is correct (Alabama, Central Time) and most of the tests appear to reflect Dallas (also CDT).  Any suggestions?

Based on your response to the original poster, I deleted your cookies but no change.

1 hour ago, Flyer70 said:

I have a similar issue.  You have a great site and very helpful.  Discovered it while researching an intermittent  wireless slowdown, which appears now to be from my ISP.  I am running some long term tests on my desktop to begin a discussion with them, but the time in my logs show test times two hours earlier than actual.  My detected information is correct (Alabama, Central Time) and most of the tests appear to reflect Dallas (also CDT).  Any suggestions?

Based on your response to the original poster, I deleted your cookies but no change.

When I look using the 'client time' function it shows that your timezone is GMT -5 -- which is correct for AL.  Go to https://testmy.net/live and take a screenshot or copy and paste what time it shows on the recent results. 

Recent results are correct,   I checked my results log and they are correct now.  I did a complete restart on my browser earlier, deleted your cookies again, but it didn't appear to have affected the log times but it looks like the next log entry reset the time.  Guess those cookies didn't like me before.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 12.08.12 .png

Edited by Flyer70
Forgot to say thank you.

I'm not sure if this is related - I just noticed that it's reporting a test time 3 hours earlier than the actual test time.  Test carried out in Firefox on Windows 10 x64.

On the test results page, the test times are correct, but in the test result image it's 3 hours behind, i.e. 10:06pm (actual test time) vs 7:06pm in image:

Time zone issue.png

This is the actual test result image for that test ID '6~M7VYH3K' in case it shows up different in another time zone:

6~M7VYH3K.png

Edited by Sean

• 5 months later...

I'm having this same issue on two machines using Mozilla Firefox.  I find removing the cookies is not helping, even if I ensure there are no testmy.net pages open and that I restart Firefox before visiting testmy.net/live again.  

However, if I sign out from testmy.net and visit that page then the time is shown correctly and if I sign back in again then the time is again wrong. I see nothing in the account or profile that can explain this and I tried getting Firefox to forget my username and password on the login page too.

Perplexing.