Automated power cycle modem/ router wth?

mudmanc4

So I'm no spring chikkin' ok, and maybe I'm behind 'the times' a bit, such as the times of actually thinking, maybe I should stoppit. because there is no [thought] in my head that can account for such a device, none. No wait, nope , nothing.

cbe1e7dd-a500-46fd-9c1d-a3cc9c9f4453_100

Please, buy here and support these completely broke manufacturers.

Are you kidding me? Look at what the claims of this 'thing' are:

• Eliminates media stream buffering
  • Hands-free internet reset
  • Less internet downtime
  • Reset occurs at programmed time

Wait , so it claims after a power failure, but resets at programmed times, does this mean power is set to fail at pre set times as well? Duh-me, just duh. But hey, $50 bucks and this gem can be yours.

Unless your of the mind and age that you simply cannot unplug, then plug something in, even then, if you can't do that, how the hell are you on the interwebz to begin with? Your help me button goes through the net? Ok, there it is. But this should be free to people in that condition, as well as included in the help me I've fallen hardware.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny because the router we use here has a "Self-healing" feature which causes it to reboot at a specific time on specific days, on it's own.

Edit: just read and saw this:

All the issues associated with the Internet being down can be solved by power cycling the modem and router.

Right, all of them.

Thanks,

EBrown

2 minutes ago, nanobot said:

It's funny because the router we use here has a "Self-healing" feature which causes it to reboot at a specific time on specific days, on it's own.

Edit: just read and saw this:

Right, all of them.

Thanks,

EBrown

"Monit" will do the same thing , with services.

Just gets me at how literally dis connected people are getting. Sorry man, but were not heading into a very individually productive directions here, overall. As a people. :shrugs: