auto test size

jodoe

i don't understand how to configure auto test for express-size download only. i check the express box each time. the first test seems to be a size that i would prefer (say, 4mb to 7mb+). but subsequent scheduled tests appear to grow quickly to very large downloads, even up to the 200mb max. how can i limit the auto test size?

Welcome jodoe!

Here's an example with 100 MB download and 10 MB upload

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 6.14.59 PM.png

The key is the NFW checkbox.  Which is somewhat limited because there are rules it follows.  1.5MB upload and 6MB download (test size) minimum before it will listen to that setting.

NFW stands for "No ForWard" -- sorry I'm not always clear.

On 2016-04-25 at 8:18 PM, CA3LE said:

Welcome jodoe!

Here's an example with 100 MB download and 10 MB upload

The key is the NFW checkbox.  Which is somewhat limited because there are rules it follows.  1.5MB upload and 6MB download (test size) minimum before it will listen to that setting.

NFW stands for "No ForWard" -- sorry I'm not always clear.

Thanks for this. I have applied your suggestion with pretty good results (and at least one failure that I noticed) over several days. I used 6mb down and 2mb up. But I have another problem. The test results are logged under my connection id, but my user login seems to expire within an hour of beginning an auto test. Happened again this evening. I usually uncheck remember me. Maybe that's it. Or maybe "don't let the computer go to sleep" means disable the screen saver. I don't suspend or hibernate. In time, I'll figure it out, I suppose. But it seems odd to me that "logged results" are grouped under the connection id but not the user login, especially since an auto test can run for several hours.