Windstream and (my lack of consistent) speed

sevenof400

Hello all, 

I found this site while looking for other speed testing resources while dealing (yet again) with Windstream's (lack of) speed on my DSL connection.  While I am paying for DSL service up to 12 mbps, I am often fortunate to get one half of that on a consistent basis.  Very frustrating to say the least.  

For some time, I've just dealt with it but now that I have some free time, I'm wanting to jump into this a bit more.  I'll be looking for information on Windstream in (on) this resource - hopefully others have had to deal with this as well.  At present, Windstream is the only cost effective choice in our situation (they gave us a free landline for the DSL to keep us as a customer many years ago).  

I am using a Netgear ADSL2 modem and a Netgear N600 wireless router at this time and I located in Central Arkansas.