Speedwave Like Option?

MaxM Tech

I've been looking for others options to test my network other than Speedtest.net; and today I finally found it!! I've never felt like the results I was getting from their tests were legit. Now I would like to capture numerous results from a group of testers, like the Speedwave that Speedtest offers. I've looked thru the settings in my account and have found only the ability to keep a running record of my tests. and I know that the results can be shared. But not sure that I could get the entire group to post their results. 

Thanks. 

Go to TestMy.net (homepage) and look under the database menu.  This option was disabled, I just enabled it for you.  

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 9.02.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 9.02.59 AM.png

Once you enter a name you'll get an invite link that you can use to add members to the group.  Your group stats are then saved to an entirely separate database used for results comparisons.

10 hours ago, MaxM Tech said:

I've been looking for others options to test my network other than Speedtest.net; and today I finally found it!! I've never felt like the results I was getting from their tests were legit. Now I would like to capture numerous results from a group of testers, like the Speedwave that Speedtest offers. I've looked thru the settings in my account and have found only the ability to keep a running record of my tests. and I know that the results can be shared. But not sure that I could get the entire group to post their results. 

Thanks. 

Welcome to TestMy.net by the way.  Glad you found us!

Fast and awesome, thanks for the response and enabling that feature. 

I'm testing speeds across multiple platforms, browsers, and ISP packages. Also, I've been using my iPhone with the Speedtest APP. To test speeds across the cellular networks.

I've been getting sporadic results. Butt I'll start a new post because that can be a whole new Pandora box with answers/respones on why the variances in testing.

Thanks again,

Max

I tried to edit my previous post, but I was shut down by amount of time since post or other feature as stated in the auto respond. No biggie. 

I'm viewing across my cell phone in desktop mode, and I've found the link under "Database". However, when I click on it, this is the view I get, see attached. It seems that I'm missing the ability to actually create the group. Maybe I missed something

image.jpg

Just type in the name you would like the group to be, then hit return. The group is then created.

Thereafter, you can tell people [and share the group link] to type in your group name, and they will be part of the group.

Here is a group I created in this manner "Testing Group"

tmn-testing-group.png

Thanks for the help so far on this topic guys. So I was able to create the "Test Group" and get the invite link and the history link. However, when I've copied the invite link and tried to open it in a separate browser, I get an error about needing a password for the group. Please refer to the attached screenshot. 

What my intention for the testing is to make a video for my customers and local residents to share for the test. Based on the error message, I'm hoping that the "testers" won't have to create an account to be in the test group.

Thanks...

TMN-screenshot.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, old post I know, but still relevant to the topic. So our we are limited in our ISP providers for our small community via ATT and their U-Verse (even thou its not the true U-Verse service). And of course everyone is on that service, a few have HughsNet, and a CO-OP service from one of our electrical power companies (however, it of course feeds into the ATT pipe).  

Back to the topic at hand, I'm back trying to create a group so that I can collect a large pool of users into one database.  So I have the group created, its called April 2018 ATT Speed Test. As in the previous old post, I'm having issues understanding the error shown in the attached screenshot; I haven't been able to find where to set a password for the group test. I've created another personnel account but I still get the same issue for the group invite link needing a password. 

Thanks

testmy.PNG