What nodes am I testing?

traveller1959

4 hours ago, traveller1959 said:

Are the tests measuring between my *router* and the internet. Or, are they measuring between my *device* (laptop, desktop) and the internet?

What mudmanc said, plus it's not just testing to you local ISPs connection point. It's testing all the way to the test server you choose (link at top of page).

Thank you. This helps to explain the volatility of results across devices in this home. If one person is running the test from a Windows laptop (WIFI), another from a MAC (WIFI) and a third from a hard wired Windows PC …all in different rooms …in a large house with concrete walls ….we're going to get different results/experiences when the max capacity from the ISP is 10Mbps and their best router is a 6 year old Thomson router. I'm trying to put pressure on the ISP, but they will continue to blame my devices until I can prove that the the bottleneck is from the router out through their nodes to the internet and back. Any suggestions?