50 MB max upload file is too small

We have a 100x100 Ethernet over copper Internet connection.  Your download test file size caps out at 200 MB which is barely OK (would be better if could do 1 GB).  But your upload test file size caps out at 50 MB which is downright tiny when you have an 100 MB/s upload link speed.  To put this in perspective my firewall bandwidth monitoring tool samples bandwidth every 5 seconds.  The 50 MB upload test barely shows up... not good.  We would love for both the download and upload file sizes to max out at 1 GB so it shows up clearly on our firewall monitoring utilities.

I had temporarily disabled the larger upload tests because I noticed an issue but it appears to be working correctly so you can now test upload up to 100 MB again.

So you're talking about a different connection from the one you're posting from right now, right?

https://testmy.net/compID/22243263264

Because your test sizes are more than adequate at those speeds.  Even at 100 Mbps (12.5 MB/s) a 100 MB test gives you 8 seconds of testing which is more than enough to get accurate numbers.

Having said that, larger tests are coming.  Both upload and download. 

• 1 month later...