Comcast Extreme 300 Service- Actual Throughput

rthornto

• 5 weeks later...

Comcast, as per the Comcast/Xfinity Terms of Service, does not guarantee IN ANY WAY, to provide me with a minimum connection speed to any service I use at any time of any day, regardless of what speed I am paying for.... unless that service is located DIRECTLY on THE COMCAST/XFINITY network and my signal does not have to leave their network at any time. This includes Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, The Playstation Network, The Xbox Live Network, Hulu, Youtube Red, or ANY other premium service I am paying for. As per my visit today from Comcast: A maximum speed of only 12Mbps is acceptable from their end although I am paying to get "up to" 100Mbps at any time of day or night... because they claim their test, and one other flash-based testing site are the only tests that I am allowed to dictate reliability of what I, a customer, "End User", is getting.  Period.  I, a 41 year old male who uses not only TestMy.net Multithreading, but 5 other bandwidth testing sites, actually got scolded for having a technician come out to my house in an attempt to remedy the "issue" of me not getting anywhere near my advertised speeds at anytime day or night... except on either Xfinity's or Ookla's "Flash-Based" tests.  Yep.  No joke.  I remembered today what it felt like being the nerdy kid who stood up to the school bully with my big words and made him cry.  After the Comcast super left.. this is what my first test of the day was.  Just saying, and I do not claim to be an expert on anything although I have been playing around with this stuff since I talked my dad into buying us our first brand new Pentium 233mhz with a whopping 56mb of RAM.  Mechwarrior was the @$&* bro! 

4-8-2017.12.34.PM.jpg

6-3-17-TestMyNet2.jpg

AfterComcastSupervisorVisit-Holyxxxx.jpg

4-11-2017.12.26.PM.jpg

6-3-17-TestMyNet.jpg

Edited by Data_Addict
Improper wording.

I have been experiencing similar problems with Xfinity for quite a long time. I pay for 100mbps but I have never receive that speed. Take a look at my results using Comcast own speedtest, something is off with those numbers. The last tech who visited scolded me for using their site to test and I was told I had to download Ookla and use it instead. Ookla somehow magically produced near perfect speeds everytime. During the same visit the tech said that my troubles were due to a bad wire inside. After his visit my speeds became even more erratic and unreliable. However they have no problem charging me for services that they can not supply.

Speedtest imagines 1,2 - Comcast  3 - Ookla  4 - Testmy.net

Screenshot_2017-04-18-21-39-17.png

Screenshot_2017-04-11-23-34-34.png

Screenshot_2017-06-18-04-07-54.png

Screenshot_2017-06-18-05-44-53-1.png

4 hours ago, Truthncons said:

I have been experiencing similar problems with Xfinity for quite a long time. I pay for 100mbps but I have never receive that speed. Take a look at my results using Comcast own speedtest, something is off with those numbers. The last tech who visited scolded me for using their site to test and I was told I had to download Ookla and use it instead. Ookla somehow magically produced near perfect speeds everytime. During the same visit the tech said that my troubles were due to a bad wire inside. After his visit my speeds became even more erratic and unreliable. However they have no problem charging me for services that they can not supply.

Speedtest imagines 1,2 - Comcast  3 - Ookla  4 - Testmy.net

Screenshot_2017-04-18-21-39-17.png

Screenshot_2017-04-11-23-34-34.png

Screenshot_2017-06-18-04-07-54.png

Screenshot_2017-06-18-05-44-53-1.png

Your Xfinity results show huge download speed variation, as does the TestMy results. Naturally the OOKLA test shows the ISP to be fine. It's their tool, and designed to not show problems. If you want to read about why the OOKLA Flash based tests don't give you reality, go to the Extras menu at the top of the page and select Speed Test Legitimacy. Read all the tabs.

You should be persistent but polite, but keep calling them. 

• CA3LE locked this topic