Is this reason enough to complain to my ISP....

Hepick

I have Frontier Communications HSI. My plan is for up to 24Mbps which costs 54.99 monthly.  This doesn't include other charges ,fees surcharges or tax. My dowload speed was 4.1Mbps. Not the slowest result but definitely not the fastest. I have brought this to their attention before a number of times and nothing has changed. They wrote up trouble tickets but no one has ever came to my home and yet I have stayed home to wait for them to show up. I have been more than patient. What would anyone suggest??

• 3 months later...

Thank you Pgoodwin1!  I am finally getting speeds that are closer to the plan I have.  Somehow one of the ADSL lines was down and also my lines weren't bonded like they should have been. They sent out a new modem but it wasn't the one that can be used with bonded lines, as it turned out it.  After speaking to them (Frontier) once more, I told the CSR that answered my call to just send the tech out to my home and have them bring the new modem along with them. They came a day early because they were in my area already so that made me really happy.  Then the tech called a few days later to see if everything was still working accordingly! :D ...and it was and still is!!  so thanks again for your advice!

I think you are meaning to show Mbps. I am a very unhappy Hughesnet user and I have only been getting about 500 kbps this year. They finally sent a tech (no charge to me) who tested, retuned, and went on the roof and adjusted the dish and could not get it any faster. They finally blamed it on traffic and overloads to their system as they worked to bring  up Gen 5. They promised it would be better by the end of July. It is now September and it is not any better. They gave me a discount of $20 dollars for May, and no charge for June and July. S[eedtest sites are all over the proverbial map. This site claims that I am getting far better speeds and that is NOT substantiated by my actual experience! Speedtest.net is much closer to reality, as are speed of me and bandwidthplace. The Hughesnet speed test is consistently showing my speed at 300 to 500 kbps. Like you, I am rural and do not have anywhere else to go, as reviews of Exede are the same as for hughs.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:34 AM, BRUCE AT THE ROCK said:

I've got Hughesnet and my speeds are typically 5-10 MBPS - 25 is what they told me I'd get on their new GEN 5 NW.

I've called them dozens of times - I opened up an FCC complaint - Nothing.

The perils of living in the country. 

Bruce & currentlazy

Run the Auto test to get some more data  -link is on the TestMy home page upper middle. This will give you a better idea of what your system is doing at different times of day.

if you can, plug your computer directly into the modem with Ethernet and do some testing.  

If you're using wireless, get as close to the wireless router as you can and see what it's doing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 9:15 AM, Pgoodwin1 said:

Bruce & currentlazy

Run the Auto test to get some more data  -link is on the TestMy home page upper middle. This will give you a better idea of what your system is doing at different times of day.

if you can, plug your computer directly into the modem with Ethernet and do some testing.  

If you're using wireless, get as close to the wireless router as you can and see what it's doing

After a complaint a few months ago the "account" lady said they'd give me an "upgrade" to Gen 5 - At that minute - I mean at that minute, my speeds went from 5-6 mps to 30-40 mps.

A few days later here comes Kevin - Nice guy - I'm a field tech myself - I know the good ones - New wireless router - speeds 25-30 - OK good - A few days later speeds tanked to 8-10 where I'm at now - call, complain, call, complain - Here comes Kevin again w/a new router - OK good - Speeds back to 20-30 - a few days later down to 8-10.

These people workin' on my last nerve.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:15 AM, Pgoodwin1 said:

On 10/2/2017 at 8:50 PM, BRUCE AT THE ROCK said:

After a complaint a few months ago the "account" lady said they'd give me an "upgrade" to Gen 5 - At that minute - I mean at that minute, my speeds went from 5-6 mps to 30-40 mps.

A few days later here comes Kevin - Nice guy - I'm a field tech myself - I know the good ones - New wireless router - speeds 25-30 - OK good - A few days later speeds tanked to 8-10 where I'm at now - call, complain, call, complain - Here comes Kevin again w/a new router - OK good - Speeds back to 20-30 - a few days later down to 8-10.

These people workin' on my last nerve.

Stay on it with them. They'll eventually put more effort into it and resolve it.

One miserable year with Hughes Net.  Dozen phone calls.  Nice lady basically tells me I need to upgrade to Gen5.  Did!  Speed is still less than 94% of other HN users.   Today I get usual "No Reply"  email telling me to turn everything off.  This is only good for one or two days of 1.5mps download and then back to poor service.  if I lived with any othr reasonable service I would pay penalty.  When I was in New Mexico had Xfinity and mondo service. 

• 1 month later...