Test My Net software freezing

Roger waldron

We live in very small village in the country. Our two nearest villages  2miles and 1mile receive 24mb and 18mb respectively. During the day we receive around 3mb come 9pm through to 5am the service drops to 0.012mb  but the testmynet software keeps freezing mid  tests during the night and does not restart on its own and cannot be relied  upon.  My question therefor concerns this software and does it have a minimum speed to operate i.e.. if our linespeed drops below a certain value does testmynet  freeze?

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=c&l=100&q=790103881037

@Roger waldron, Welcome to testmy.net forum.

I would assume considering you mentioned at night, the throughput drops significantly, that the DSL line gets a bit overloaded with everyone at home after work.

Which stands to reason the issue mentioned is due to limited connectivity, caused by a local node being at capacity. Such as a garden hose nozzle limiting the flow.