Isn't HOSTSTATS likely to be badly skewed, by definition?

LikeMikeScott

Again, as a newbie, I ask what is probably a dumb question:

Isn't the speed data on any given ISP (in my case, V-Media, https://testmy.net/hoststats/vmedia#, likely to be skewed toward unfavourable results if (maybe I'm wrong about) the graph on that page shows the results of the "last 50" test, given that tests are MOST OFTEN performed when the performance of a particular ISP are "shite"?

I MIGHT be mistaken.......I have been......a couple of other times! :-)

The same logic where more people are likely to post negative reviews than positive ones.  You're probably right, to a degree.  I think there are also plenty of people who test here on sunny days.  If that is true, it's true across the board with all providers.  They're all being judged using the same method.  In my experience, the better providers always perform better and rank higher here.  Is any of this perfect, no.  Will it ever be perfect, no.  Will I try, definitely.

After TMN's recent full switch to https (SSL) settles in with the search engines I have an upgrade to the host stats pages you mention.  It aggregates a much broader range and I think it better represents the highlighted ISP, city or country's speed because it won't just be showing you the logs like it does today.  It will unlock a huge amount of information that TMN has been calculating and storing in private databases for a very long time now.  :D  So look for that tool to become higher resolution in the near future. ;)

8 hours ago, CA3LE said:

It will unlock a huge amount of information that TMN has been calculating and storing in private databases for a very long time now.  :D  So look for that tool to become higher resolution in the near future. ;)

Hey there! Thanks for getting back and for your info about new, upcoming features. 

In the meantime, I'm sure I'm going to get a little more practiced at using your existing tools, but, could you please give me a brief explanation of the attached? Thanks.

Screenshot of VMedia Speed on testmy.net.png

Wait a minute.....now that I look at it, I realize it's probably not a "speed"........but a "file size". Is that correct?

Edited by LikeMikeScott
Newbie! Ha, ha!