PC Experts! Need some assistance.

xs1

Ok so im having this weird issue... Ever since i installed my new video card from Newegg

(ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 T8G  https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4PP5VS3724&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBizMKPL-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBizMKPL-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Cards+-+AMD%2FATI-_-9SIA4PP5VS3724&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyszSBRDJARIsAHAqQ4qjrHnjH_-urLmubccLYaP3UbzOCWg70TkBbq3OjWLwuxZNeQBhwOYaAkXOEALw_wcB

Randomly, could be every 5 seconds, could be every 25 seconds,  may not do it at all. i get this checkerd pattern across the screen that freezes the computer (mouse and keyboard) than in about 2 to 3 seconds the display almost.... reboots... or recovers and everything's  fine again till the next spazz out....   ive already tried reinstalling video card drivers. I've already reformatted multiple times. I've tried using other HDMI ports on the card, nothing has remedy'd this issue... I'm thinking i got a bad video card out the box, and of course now its out of warranty.   Ill attach a screen shot (cell phone pic) of what i see..  ANY .. ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cause...... I'm stumped! :(

IMG_20180108_060028208.jpg

Edited by xs1

no, this pc literally costed me an arm and a leg.. and it didn't start till this card was installed.  <_< I've tried benchmark testing, gaming, etc. everything to stress the shit out of this card, and it performs well and doesn't reproduce this in that manner. LUCKY enough. as i said , it doesn't do this during gaming. it only really does it in web browsing & low strain activity as strange as that sounds. The pattern varies in color, but typically the same pattern. 

17 hours ago, mudmanc4 said:

I think your spot on about a bunk card. I take it by now you've found something else to put in there?

edit: Although that is a strange pattern isn't it :blink:

Edited by xs1

Well you know, I am a collector of tech items that piss off others, tell you what, I've got this Dell D810 running Slacko I'll trade ya straight up for.

Seriously though, from what your saying where it performs great under load, have you tried to clock it up a bit, or fool with BIOS settings for the port?

1 hour ago, mudmanc4 said:

Well you know, I am a collector of tech items that piss off others, tell you what, I've got this Dell D810 running Slacko I'll trade ya straight up for.

Seriously though, from what your saying where it performs great under load, have you tried to clock it up a bit, or fool with BIOS settings for the port?

well im experimenting with turned the ryzen 7 down from 3.85 to 3.70 GHz and the card seems a bit happier. Not quite sure why one would have a bearing on the other but well see i guess. lol so far pretty happy well check after shes run for a couple days. thats usually the test, 

Edited by xs1

19 hours ago, xs1 said:

well im experimenting with turned the ryzen 7 down from 3.85 to 3.70 GHz and the card seems a bit happier. Not quite sure why one would have a bearing on the other but well see i guess. lol so far pretty happy well check after shes run for a couple days. thats usually the test, 

Been a while since I clocked anything windows through BIOS, so bear with me. Clock down the proc multiplier it directly effects the entire bus (likely not coming close to straining that CPU anyhow), set RAM defaults, and all fans full bore (including case) to eliminate any possibility of a hot Northbridge.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, mudmanc4 said:

Update?

Just going to RMA the card to ASUS. I've Exhausted all other possibilities. Friday i will be installing the old 380x back in and well see if the problem persists, altho i highly doubt it will. We shall see! 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the card would be the most logical culprit.

1. Could be your memory going bad - it happens. Download memtest86 (https://www.memtest86.com/) and run each memory stick individually just to eliminate the possibility.

2. Or could be as simple as bad cable from GPU to monitor...

3. Although, power supply could be an issue as well. Got any other power supply you could test your system with?

4. Less likely - check the system with different monitor

5. And least likely your motherboard is going bonkers:) Try to switch GPU to other PCI slot and see if you having same issues.

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, mechati said:

Seems like the card would be the most logical culprit.

1. Could be your memory going bad - it happens. Download memtest86 (https://www.memtest86.com/) and run each memory stick individually just to eliminate the possibility.

2. Or could be as simple as bad cable from GPU to monitor...

3. Although, power supply could be an issue as well. Got any other power supply you could test your system with?

4. Less likely - check the system with different monitor

5. And least likely your motherboard is going bonkers:) Try to switch GPU to other PCI slot and see if you having same issues.

it was a defective card. Whats even better is there on back order so they just had to refund me instead of replacement. :cry2:

Edited by xs1