Extremely low speed on European servers

haraldan

Hello!

I am trying to identify problems with Internet connection at my new apartment by using automated testmy.net tests. For some reason, when using GB or DE servers, every afternoon the download speed crashes down to a trickle. What can be the reason for that? This effect is not replicated with US servers or on other bandwidth testing website, and the upload speed is unaffected.

To clarify: I am testing in Paris, FR, and my provider is Free SAS.

Sans titre.png

I had a quick look at the database and interestingly every speed test on a French ISP from about 1pm on the 31st January to the German TestMy server was under 2.5Mbps (except a few tests run on hosting providers), so there may have been a peering issue between TestMy's German server and ISPs in France. 

With ISPs in Germany, the majority of test results were well over 10mbps with the German TestMy server, with some test results over 100Mbps.  

However, I did not see a similar pattern with the UK TestMy server from France, even with tests carried out on Free SAS.  For example, the test on the left was run at the same second coincidentally as your test on the right:

MkWARFbVf.png mVv0DhMUY.png