Where to began "HELP"

John Bouchard

For a week now I've been trying to get my streaming TV site to play right (edigitalplace.com) with some but little success. I change ISP provider from AT&T U verse after being with AT&T for 30 years because for 3 years I was being charged for something I couldn't even receive, now I have gone to Charter cable and after 3 months it's just as bad. After arguing for hrs with them on the phone that I wasn't getting what I was paying for and getting different speed test from testmy.net and others I was told they could only go by there site (corp. policies) they finally sent a tech and for 3 hrs he did everything from replacing the modem (twice) to run a new cable through my house down the stairs to the basement and connected it straight to the in coming line and still couldn't get over 30 Mbps and finally said he would have to come back the next day and left leaving everything in a mess cable and all. Now I am pissed so I go to my computer 10 min after he left and start running speed tests from there site (Speedtest by Ookla) and amazingly my download speed jump up to 65 Mbps -77 Mbps consistently and rechecked it with testmy.net and they were the same. OK you don't have to be real smart to figure that out. OK now the whole time my uploads were consistence at 5.--plus Mbps on all sites but now that I check them on there site they says avg of 5.67 Mbps and testmy.net says 2.4 OK is this my problem, my audio streams perfect but my video is lagging or jumping just doesn't stay in sync. And also my WiFi is at 20 Mbps and I'm 1.5 ft away from my rotor and Charter says that they can't guarantee any bandwidth speeds for wireless. I have done everything I could image from disabling all unnecessary services and start up programs to changing web browser, I don't know any more, just learning how to use this site so i'm not sure if I added  my tests to this message or even read it correctly it seems to be all over the place up and down.

My Spec's

Dell Inspiron 1750,

Pentium Dual Core T4400 @ 2.20 GHz/2.20 GHz,

8 GB ram

Win7 Ultimate 64-bits,

Network adapters-

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Pci-E Fast Ethernet,

Dell wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter,

Display Adapter-

Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family

Total available graphics memory =1695 MB,

Dedicated video memory = 32 MB,

System video memory = 32 MB,

Shared system memory = 1631 MB  

HDD-

137 GB free space

Please Help

John Bouchard-testmy.net-stats.csv     https://testmy.net/quickstats/John Bouchard

https://testmy.net/quickstats/John Bouchard

Edited by mudmanc4
Added Graph

Even at 14.64 Mbps I would think streaming would be suffice, unless your working with 4k, which would eat roughly 30Mbps on the grab and even 2Mbps or more upload during the stream.

I would look at cleaning the machine top down, checking for outdated or useless browser addons / extensions, also look for older programs you might have forgotten about which could be phoning home in some strange way.

That said, 32MB of video RAM could be a bottleneck.

Thanks so much. There was a program that I had uninstall from my computer but still resided in my browser even through it was disable was the problem, once I removed it from the browser everything was perfect. I over annualized everything for two weeks and it was right in front of me the whole time. Again thank you so much.