This may be an outlandish idea, but how about an option to continuously speed test every x minutes or hours. Currently I have to vnc into my raspberry pi every ~24 hours to set up the speed test.

It would be really useful to be able to run it non-stop.

Thanks

Nikrox

I could understand a connectivity ping, with email notifications of downtime or latency anomaly.

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits from running a perpetual test, or what data are you seeking with this type of data gathering?

16 hours ago, Nikrox said:

This may be an outlandish idea, but how about an option to continuously speed test every x minutes or hours. Currently I have to vnc into my raspberry pi every ~24 hours to set up the speed test.

It would be really useful to be able to run it non-stop.

Thanks

Nikrox

Have you see https://testmy.net/auto?

I don't think you should test that often on a regular basis, it's a waste of bandwidth.  Personally I would only run an automatic test every 15 minutes for only a limited amount of time.  If you need to do it over a longer period of time you should only test a few key times a day.  Getting your speed 4 times a day over a long period of time should be sufficient in proving your point to your ISP.  If you see a pattern where it's often lower at a specific time... that's when you want to run a more frequent test cycle, during that time period.  To have it just always run, it's going to intermittently degrade your performance.