On Android tablet, testmy.net reaches the wrong site

DenaliDave

I have been using testmy.net on Windows machines and Android phones for years.  I recently tried it on my Kindle Fire 7 (with Google services installed).Whether I use Chrome, Opera Mini, or the Silk browser, https://testmy.net opens a strange page (see attached).

I can get the proper site by selecting "Desktop site" in the browser menus.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 8.24.23 AM.png

A bug? Feature?

Edited by CA3LE
converted pdf to png

It still opens the wrong page on Chrome, Opera Mini, and the Silk browser.  BTW, I tried clearing the cache on Chrome and Opera, to no avail.  I have tried it on another Kindle (a Fire HD 8), with the same result.

It works just fine on my Android phone, opening the TMN Lite Test automatically.

A problem peculiar to Kindles, perhaps?

1 hour ago, Bikas gaur said:

CA3LE, is there any plans for TestMy.net to release a mobile app (Android, iOS) anytime soon? Just curious...

There’s a mobile version of TestMy.net. If you go to the bottom of the home page there’s a link called Mobile. When you’re on the mobile version, the button/link is “Deaktp”.

1 hour ago, Pgoodwin1 said:

There’s a mobile version of TestMy.net. If you go to the bottom of the home page there’s a link called Mobile. When you’re on the mobile version, the button/link is “Deaktp”.

I am an app developer, will the TestMy.net team mind if I build an unofficial app as a contribution to the community because I have seen demand for it.

It still opens the wrong page on Chrome, Opera Mini, and the Silk browser.  BTW, I tried clearing the cache on Chrome and Opera, to no avail.  I have tried it on another Kindle (a Fire HD 8), with the same result.

It works just fine on my Android phone, opening the TMN Lite Test automatically.

A problem peculiar to Kindles, perhaps?

On 4/12/2018 at 3:42 AM, CA3LE said:

Hey DenaliDave,

Can you try that for me again please?

This morning I tried it on a new Kindle Fire 7, one on which I have not installed Google services.  It still does not open the correct page.

52 minutes ago, DenaliDave said:

@Pgoodwin1, see, this is the reason why having a dedicated app will be perfect. Waiting for a response from CA3LE.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:32 AM, Bikas gaur said:

CA3LE, is there any plans for TestMy.net to release a mobile app (Android, iOS) anytime soon? Just curious...

I've completed  the basic prototype of the app, the data is pretty much accurate (as comparison to TestMy.net, Speed Test and Fast). The UI is left which will be inspired by TestMy.net's very own UI. 

• CA3LE locked this topic