My huges net sucks

vlglaze14

My WiFi is so slow you can't watch a movie it just keeps buffering never stopped an now it doesn't even buffer it goes to 24 an just sets there then says it can't be played right now so frustrated an tired of this wish I could go back to spectrum never had this trouble with them very disgusted with huges net wish I had never went with them can't watch a full movie with out it buffering 10 to 12 times 

Edited by vlglaze14
Added more dislike to it

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new customer with hughes and they suck I have been in the phone for days and I cant us the house phone its on the sat as well no one will help me and they will not fix it upper tec does not call nether and if they do they do nothing does any one have this problem with this co    

14 hours ago, anthony kandal said:

I am a new customer with hughes and they suck I have been in the phone for days and I cant us the house phone its on the sat as well no one will help me and they will not fix it upper tec does not call nether and if they do they do nothing does any one have this problem with this co    

There are a lot of people that have posted on TestMy with Hughes problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Swamped12 said:

Speed test for Hughesnet service on 7/01/2018.  Two times faster than dial up. Wow how do they do it.

That's only one test, and most likely due to some type of issue, or even an erroneous test result, which happens.  TMN isn't infallible.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
Even in same room with full signals its not crossing 30mbps and in bed room it wont cross 20mbps .

Mobile is fine but laptop is issue as i do downloads ans uploards of software .
i am developer so looking of around 70mbps in min.

I might be able to wire upto bed room and keep another wireless access point but still speed wont be going more then 30mbps as this is same speed which i am getting even in lounge where router is placed

6 hours ago, JohnyWalter said:

Hi,
Even in same room with full signals its not crossing 30mbps and in bed room it wont cross 20mbps .

Mobile is fine but laptop is issue as i do downloads ans uploards of software .
i am developer so looking of around 70mbps in min.

I might be able to wire upto bed room and keep another wireless access point but still speed wont be going more then 30mbps as this is same speed which i am getting even in lounge where router is placed

You should check what your speed is hard wired to determine whether 30Mbps is your max.  

You won't get 70Mbps with HughesNet.  Max is in the high 40s.  

I foolishly let DISH talk me into switching from DISH Internet to Hughes Net back in December. DISH claimed HN was way faster and would be a much better fit for out situation. We are in a rural setting and satellite is our only option for internet service.  I knew right away it was a bad idea but assumed it would just take DISH awhile to smooth out the bugs as it did with their Hopper service.  Also I had other things going on.  Finally the end of May I called in, and spent the next four hours going back and forth between DISH and HN.  It's now been almost seven weeks of back and forth with no end in site.  I've been waiting all day for a return call that was promised to be within 24-48 hours last Friday by a customer support who also said he would call back Monday to follow up.  Neither happened so yesterday I called in and the support person finally found the notes (which took some time even though I provided the case number I was given) and said it showed advanced tech support would be calling me today.  It's now 4:28 pm and no call yet.  Not impressed.  I think my next step will be to put everything in writing and send to DISH Corporate, HN Corporate, Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Office.  I'm paying a lot of money for two services that are not providing the caliber of service promised and are apparently not interested in resolving the issue.  Maybe if others did the same they would start paying attention to their consumers and provide the service and support they claim to have.

• CA3LE locked this topic