New Charter 200/12 speeds.

chaz69

I've currently had Charter 100/10 speeds since January. Just recently they've upgraded speeds to 200/12.   The speeds were banging right out the gate for about a month(100/10 service).  Since then, (According to speedtest.net) I cant get above 70 for a download from any server. * All tests were conducted wired from desktop to arris tm1602 modem. *  

CVyY4zsNR.png  

I've tried other tests that show promise, but maybe I'm old and not understanding.

34699933.png

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JIHPATYGWTE3OX3

And then these show extreme low speeds.

7398689503.png

https://speedof.me/show.php?img=180616175711-9430.png

Can anyone help me understand any of this.  Charter Senior Tech showed me the speeds he was pulling off of his handheld device directly attached to the drop was pulling 215 down and 14 up.  I'm starting to feel like its a cham, offering 200mbps in area but only getting 70mbps.  Is speedtest a joke now?

The latest Speedtest I used doesn’t give you a true average. It looks to me like it’s giving you some average over the last few seconds of the test. Speedtest has never given anything that resembles true internet speeds. 

Try unpowering the modem for 20 sec and repowering it, and see if it improves. If it does, and slows down again over time, then contact Charter, stay polite but be persistent.