Dropped tests

BOR15

Hey Guys,

Hope someone can assist. When doing continuous tests i find that some tests are dropped. For example, i am doing DL tests every 15 mins to test the stability of a new connection. i had teats at 1400, 1415, 1430 1445, 1515, 1530. The 1500 test was not run.

TIA Boris

It may have run but the testID was already taken.  I'll take care of that soon.  It's supposed to check the database and assign an ID that hasn't been used.

It's happening more often so definitely something I'll address.

thats cool .. was asking to see if it was something maybe at my end.

this is a quick screen grab of why im testing. It is the last 24 hours. I have stable speeds of 47Mbps and then after my 1830 test i decline to 1.6 at 2045 then back to full at 2315 ... the ISP, TPG in Australia, states an evening speed of 45Mbps

Edited by BOR15
reorder

thank you ..

When the site went down, my browser actually crashed with a site error and didn't continue testing. The dropped tests i was referring to are random and have been explained as duplicate ID so were not logged.

12 hours ago, BOR15 said:

thank you ..

When the site went down, my browser actually crashed with a site error and didn't continue testing. The dropped tests i was referring to are random and have been explained as duplicate ID so were not logged.

OK

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be losing the odd download result too, not all, just some.  Running auto combined every 15mins using London, GB server - a server which probably had issues recenty as 3 times my default has been switched to Dallas, Tx and the London, GB dissapeared.  Only missing download results since that started, so could this related?  ID 730904633462.

I switch from a copper to copper/fibre 36Mbps connection yesterday. I test to London GB as well. I have also noticed that my download tests are running and completing but do not end always up in my test result list. The up tests are all there. Never seen this on the old 6Mbps link.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, cteater said:

I am missing test results from an auto download test.  I believe it is due to network issues on our side. 

Can you tell me how many times the test will fall to connect before it cancels itself?  Does the auto test cancel itself?

@CA3LE  maybe you can answer this one

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, cteater said:

I am missing test results from an auto download test.  I believe it is due to network issues on our side. 

Can you tell me how many times the test will fall to connect before it cancels itself?  Does the auto test cancel itself?

Right now if the auto test encounters unresolved network issues your browser will error and end the test.

A better version is coming soon.

I've tested the auto speed test with the beta, unplugged the connection, plugged it back in and the test continues without any issue.  Right now I'm working to make it log those occurrences.

Vote on this (old) topic 

and you'll be notified when the beta is released.

• CA3LE locked this topic