I got your messages too...

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 10.14.43 PM.png

I get messages like this almost daily.

Please keep in mind, TestMy.net is a third party speed test and is not affiliated with your ISP.  We're here to help you. 

Just like you I'm an average consumer.  When I was 15 in 1996 I wanted to see how fast my internet speed was and I couldn't find a proper tool so I started to build what would become TestMy.net in 2002.  I build TestMy.net so that people like us have a testing platform outside of ISP control.

I'm sorry you're having ongoing issues with Hughes, it's a common theme around here.  I rarely meet any satellite user who's truly happy.  I assume where you live you have little options, right?  Can you get a 4G connection yet?  Maybe with the right equipment a cell connection might help.  How much data are you transferring monthly?

... you should see my email.  I have dozens, maybe hundreds of these.  I usually just ignore them.  When I do respond, they never respond back.

This is a quick search of my inbox for "internet slow" ... these are recent, within the last month.  And this is only the ones caught by those specific keywords.  lol

my-internet-slow.png

Gotta love this one...

"I want my internet fixed it's slow!"  -- talk about shooting the messenger.  Often they're far more rude than that.  

... the last one caught my eye...

Hi There,

I have an Optus ADSL -2 Broad Band connection and experiencing very slow speed internet connection.

Which company can provide us a better speed internet in this area?

Thanks

Awwww man!  That was just a nice guy who wanted my help.  His email got caught up with the others.  I'm sorry Harsh!  [emailed him just now and shared this topic]

I don't know why some people always think that I have some control over their speed.  If I did, everyone would be at least as fast as I am!  :-P

I also get angry people wanting me to fix their bills.  Again, if I had control over that, your bill would be $0. :headbang: