Pahoo Katawah

What am I testing?

I must be missing something. I was thinking that multi-thread translates to 'several, simultaneous streams' as opposed to one stream or several 'concurrent' or "interlaced" streams.

What am I testing where? 

A - Single stream 

B - Multiple interlaced streams

C - Multiple concurrent streams

D - Multiple simultaneous streams

Ignoring duplex, direction and such factors. Just looking for the starting point to understanding. Is it possible to simulate a single user/multiuser environment without having several local devices signed in and running identical tests at nearly identical start times? 

If I don’t receive a serious reply, then I can read into it that I should just spend my time on other things and let this entire endeavor be what it will be and people will just have to make the most of what they experience.

Welcome Pahoo Katawah!

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.  The past week has been spent racking upgraded servers and upgrading my backend networking.  I haven't been able to answer very many questions.

When you test with the default linear download test totally random data is loaded directly into the browser.  Basically as text your browser can see but you can't.  When you test with multithread your browser is rendering a bunch of HTML elements which are able to be concurrently downloaded.  Basically a bunch of images... you can't see.

When your browser is presented with data in the way the multithread test renders it will open more than one connection and concurrently download the resources.  

I hope this helps give you a feel for what's actually happening during the test.

Thank you for the clarifications and I apologize for my impatience ?‼️ I was getting stressed out by several things and you were my only hope to get these issues resolved since my free router support ended 12/31/2018, which caught me off guard.

I’m loving your site and hope to become an active member.

Happy New Year,

?️ahoo 

3 minutes ago, Pahoo Katawah said:

Thank you for the clarifications and I apologize for my impatience ?‼️ I was getting stressed out by several things and you were my only hope to get these issues resolved since my free router support ended 12/31/2018, which caught me off guard.

I’m loving your site and hope to become an active member.

Happy New Year,

?️ahoo 

Yea! My Status changed from “Earning Trust” to “New Member”‼️‼️?