Recording Gameplay

**eagle**

Ewww! I answered it myself. Look in the upper right hand corner. I was tracking my fps when I turned Fraps on. It went from an 80-90 average to the mid 20's. It was only for 30sec. but the game got a tad choppy and I'll bet if I was on line, it woulda been lag city!

Well shit!  Cant seem to attatch a zip file. wtf? Says document contains no data. I'll figure it out eventually.

Screw the movie. Pics with Fraps on/off. FPS is blown away!

BUZZZ wrong answer... fraps records at a max of 30fps so whatever your recording fps is set on fraps when it starts recording it lowers your fps to whatever you set on fraps...

i use fraps i made a full video but take into consideration that the more fps you add the bigger the video size will be

BUZZZ wrong answer... fraps records at a max of 30fps so whatever your recording fps is set on fraps when it starts recording it lowers your fps to whatever you set on fraps...

i use fraps i made a full video but take into consideration that the more fps you add the bigger the video size will be

BUZZZZ back at you! Not sure what version of Fraps your talkin about. The one I have records up to 60fps, which is what I set it at,  which makes sense with the fps loss I had in game.

Guest PeePs

When I made a Counter-Strike video I didnt even use any fraps program or anything like that. First i recorded it to a in-game recording device (demo) and then when i found the part i wanted i just used another in-game command that takes screenshots at however many fps you want and then i just used a video editing program to make the video out of all the screenshots. I don't know if all games have ncie little in-game commands like that, but it sure would be handy if they did!

I actually still have my movie on my website if you want to watch it  ;)

http://clan-rot.com/files/CSmovie.zip

Ewww! I answered it myself. Look in the upper right hand corner. I was tracking my fps when I turned Fraps on. It went from an 80-90 average to the mid 20's. It was only for 30sec. but the game got a tad choppy and I'll bet if I was on line, it woulda been lag city!

Well shit!

2.0.0 >.<

i just downloaded 2.5.4 tho and i set the framerate to 60 and i get 60 fps in Battlefield 1942, Americas Army and so on.. i dont see the problem

Your fps in game was 60? While recording? What was it before/during recording?

Blah blah, what am I debating with you for????

:o You play ut2004!? we should find a server to play sum time if so...

Cappy, sure bud. I'm bring up a server tonight btw. Got a neat ass BR map I wanna try. Room name is "It Doesn't Matter" but add Stank_Ho to your buddie list, find me that way.  :angry5: :angry5:

I love fresh meat!