Sorry, are you accepting any kind of donations ?

That's funny, I just happened to be looking at your account as you registered.  :-P  -- you'd think it was the php logo that caught my attention but I actually only saw your username first.

I really appreciate that you want to donate.  Over 10 years ago there was a link for donation, maybe I'll bring it back.

If you really want to help testmy.net... talk about it.  Your word-of-mouth drives my engine.

Spreading the word is most valuable.  If testmy.net helps you all I ask is that you talk about it, write about it, link to it or just continue to use it.  You wanting to donate already means a lot to me. 

Thank you!  Hope to see you around here for a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello CA3LE,

I do really appreciate your great work, you are really Awesome!

On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 AM, CA3LE said:

Over 10 years ago there was a link for donation

I believe there is just a few people in this world can appreciate people like you .. so just leave the donation open, there is people wants to thank you.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:46 AM, CA3LE said:

to help testmy.net... talk about it

Be sure .. my next plan to make something bigger than just few words ... sure thing the word is very important for people who knows its value, but sometimes we need more than words.

so sorry for my delay but I had some terrible days, but now I'm Okay. the first thing I did (On Line) after the silly days are gone wrote this reply ?.

don't forget to tell me about what was interesting with my username ? 

Thank you for your quick reply ... and I really do apologize for my late reply.

please keep in touch

18 hours ago, MidAde said:

Thank you for your quick reply ... and I really do apologize for my late reply.

No problem, me too.. yesterday was my anniversary.

I believe there is just a few people in this world can appreciate people like you .. so just leave the donation open, there is people wants to thank you.

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say that.

Be sure .. my next plan to make something bigger than just few words ... sure thing the word is very important for people who knows its value, but sometimes we need more than words.

For those like yourself who would like to donate here's an easy form.  :) 

don't forget to tell me about what was interesting with my username ? 

It just caught my eye for some reason.  It stood out to me.

• 1 month later...

CA3LE (Damon)

I'm so glad I ran across this thread. Years ago (like maybe 08/09) I was using an ISP called Clearwire., later just CLEAR. They claimed to provide 10Mbps.I always used the Speedtest.net dashboard they had on their site. I would get results between 8-12Mbps, sometimes even 15-20. One day I ran across your site while at an Internet cafe in Seattle. (Uncle Elizabeth's). I went home and tried it on my computer. I kept getting results of 1-2Mbps.I called them and was told TMN was extremely flawed. LOL Of course as you're probably aware  Sprint bought the entire Wimax infrastructure and CLEAR was no more. I've been telling people for years about TMN and will continue to do so. I remember the Donate banner, but only had a checking acct at the time. Today I sent you a gift. A $1 for each of those 10 years I used your service and hard work. (Wow in print that $10 looks so Lame. Maybe I should go back and make it more). I think you should put the banner back on the Home page. With everyone begging for handouts on Kickstarter and the likes, someone whose already done and been doing the hard work deserves some financial rewards. My observation over the years has been that all great things (IRC, Netscape, Speakeasy,,Linkedin) if not financially rewarding as well as personally rewarding, eventually disappear into the corporate abyss.

Again Thanks for your dedication and hard work.

I  will continue to spread the word and hope to be here to support for many more years to come.

Denny

• CA3LE pinned this topic
4 hours ago, DESAND said:

Wow in print that $10 looks so Lame.

Hey Denny!  Not at all, I think it looks awesome, even more so because you've been visiting that long.  I'm flattered.  Thank you!!

Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement.  Sometimes it can be a little discouraging, feels like only a small percentage of people understand the actual difference TMN has to offer.  I used to be okay with, "some get it, some --won't." --- but really, it's my job to make it more attention grabbing and understandable.  If people aren't getting it yet, I need to do a better job yet of presenting and explaining my program. 

I went home and tried it on my computer. I kept getting results of 1-2Mbps.I called them and was told TMN was extremely flawed. LOL

Funny how many times I've heard that over the decades... yet the people telling me those stories continue to visit, often for many, many years.  You for instance, continue to visit for over 10 years after being told TMN is "flawed".  You obviously called them on their bullsh*t right away.  ?

Again Thanks for your dedication and hard work.

I  will continue to spread the word and hope to be here to support for many more years to come.

Truly, TMN is a puzzle I can never complete.  Right now, even with a new version out... it's not even close to the design and functionality I've had in my head all of these years.  One day I'll get it all on paper.  (it's funny how far away I am, like pull your hair out -- insanity kind of funny.  But I love it.)  -- what makes it especially fun to me is knowing people find my creation useful.

Thank you so much for spreading the word all these years, I always appreciate your patronage and support! 

I think you should put the banner back on the Home page.

... okay fine, I'll add the donation button somewhere people can actually see it.  Pinned this topic too.

Thanks for going the extra mile to find this topic.  :cool: -- I hope to see you around here for 10 more years and beyond!

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, MFP21 said:

I only donate with PayPal. Too bad you don't accept.

Do you have a PayPal account email to send a donation to?

I do, I just need to reinstate my account.  Over a decade ago I received a really large donation, which then automatically drafted to my bank.  Paypal didn't like that the money left without them having my SSN, but it was their system that did it!  They locked my account requested my tax information, I've since provided the information 3 times.

I can login, see everything... can even see my SSN inputted.  I've sent them photos of my ID, SS Card and proof of address, for some reason they keep me locked out.  It's as if they hate me.

We'll see what happens this time.  They have another new website, I submitted all the information they requested again.

I have another PayPal account I can use if it fails again.  Not that it really matters but I'd really like to get my original PayPal account back.  You'd think they'd care more about one of their original members.

I'll let you know the address after their review process.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 9:29 AM, MFP21 said:

I only donate with PayPal. Too bad you don't accept.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:06 AM, CA3LE said:

We'll see what happens this time.  They have another new website, I submitted all the information they requested again.

Well, I tried.  It's been over 11 days when it says it's supposed to take 5.  Paypal hates me for some reason.  Oh well.

I've been using Donorbox since this topic was posted in 2019.  I like them or I wouldn't be using them.  People have had reoccurring donations to TestMy.net with them for years on end and not a single complaint.  They do exactly what they say they do.  Like placing an order with any other trusted online merchant. 

My truly preferred donation method is Bitcoin (BTC)

Here's a fresh address.

bc1pl0vgsjwz5dg0zg35hat4tdjvuwyqpnswfqhf9vqxq7rfr09e2y5spwcsrx

And actually you can do that with Paypal now.

Buy some Bitcoin on Paypal and send it to the address above.

Here's the instructions from Paypal themselves https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-transfer-my-crypto-help822

I recommend picking some up for yourself too.  ;)   -- Make sure you take self custody!  Not your keys, not your crypto.  Holding BTC on a centralized entity defeats the original purpose, you don't truly own it until you take custody.

Everything devalues vs Bitcoin over time.  It's the most beautiful computer program ever written.  The first truly limited supply asset in human history.  Think about it.

I knew about it back when it hit parity with the dollar (worth $1) but didn't start investing until 2015 when I took time to start to deeply understand it.  I wish I had understood it sooner.  I've been with it for every halving, bull and bear market since.  Once you understand how it's programmed to do certain things and realize that it's the greatest computer system on Earth price before mass adoption is irrelevant.  Dollars are irrelevant once everything is priced in BTC.

If you donate to my BTC address it will never be converted into fiat.  EverI'll keep it in my family forever.  Dollars, not so much.  See Gresham's Law "Bad money drives out good" -- people will continue to use their dollars.  People will horde their Bitcoin.