Auto Test has lost the top banner

Drip LeBuk

I closed and restarted my browser, still no banner.  Rebooted too.  In fact I can’t get the auto test to run in the new version.  I tested 5min intervals for 12 times for download only and only the first results are listed in Results view for the ConnectID 8079715222787.  I’m running Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home Version 1809 (OS Build 177663.437). I switched back to Old Version and reran this test and it’s all OK.

image.thumb.png.eae9e81b534f7eca164ffa9f9cef6fa7.png

Thank you... and no, not right now.  I'll need help testing it later though.

Just use that link at the bottom like you did before to run on the old version for now.  I don't see this in any of my testing yet but I'm sure there's good explanation.

I saw it do that in development.  @Sean was pointing it out to me months ago and I thought it was resolved.

I did see the issue again just now, having a hard time seeing why it's intermittent like that.

I told the program to load the old auto test source code but to have everything else run the new version.

When you get a chance, either @Drip LeBuk - @Michael-Buckley or anyone else who's seen this issue, please test this again and let me know what you see now.

Thank you

Using the new version I can see the banner appear very briefly while Download Test #1 (256kb) is running (or even more briefly immediately after Test #1 is done), but it's removed as as soon as Test #1 ends or at the start of Download Test #2 or the start of Upload Test #1. Perhaps a screen clear is done instead of a frame clear.

This gives me a better idea of where to look... it's not anything inside the actual v19 auto test program.

Pretty sure now that it's in the frontend code somewhere.  Give me a little time to search.

I had a variable that needed to be disabled to fully put everything on the backend into the legacy version.  Long story short, can you run that again and make sure it still does the same thing.  If it still does, then I can be pretty certain it's in the frontend client code.  Narrows my search down.

thank you!

The banner is now on show and left to its own devices the repetition of both download and upload tests occurs on schedule.  The Force Re-Test and the End Test / Escape buttons works too.  However the ‘count’ of test executions is off, with the first iteration identified as Test 1 of XX, the second iteration identified as Test 3 of XX, then next comes Test 5 of XX (or Done if only 5 times was requested); so only half the actual number of iterations requested are performed regardless of the mode being Download, Upload, or Both.

45 minutes ago, Drip LeBuk said:

However the ‘count’ of test executions is off, with the first iteration identified as Test 1 of XX, the second iteration identified as Test 3 of XX, then next comes Test 5 of XX (or Done if only 5 times was requested); so only half the actual number of iterations requested are performed regardless of the mode being Download, Upload, or Both.

Are you sure you don't have another browser window open that's running another auto test?

It's iterating properly on my end properly but it could do what you're saying if there were two of them open at the same time, in the same browser.

Sweet.

Thank you SO MUCH for being responsive and helping me resolve this issue.  Very happy to know this resolved.

The root cause was that the servers you had selected (the UK group) were not performing their automatic update checks properly.  They hadn't received their updates.

It's all good because it prompted me to fix a TON of other issues related to that.  One major one was blocking the process in Firefox.  Resolved.  -- didn't used to do until fairly recent.  Browsers update things and it will break behavior and you have to move with it.

That server hadn't received its updates from the master (there's one master mirror server that feeds updates to the others), the servers you were selected on were clones so the error had been repeated a few times.  Only way to be sure was to check them all.  I went through the entire server stack, they're all fully updated with the latest everything and are set to properly maintain themselves into the future.

Also styled the auto test with the new styles.  Still not done everywhere.

The crontab was just empty on those servers.  ?    /sigh