Jump to content
Drip LeBuk

New version speed test results too high

Recommended Posts

And I see they also added Tel Aviv and Jerusalem data centers...nice.

I wonder who the owners of those DCs are...

 

And anyways, the price and specs seem to still be the same @$9, in Israel...

 

Good night, bro

 

Forgot to mention, kamatera VPS offers 30 days free trial (even tho $9 is super cheap already), and you can request to switch datacenters at any time during the trial and after it, unlimited times. I think at that price it would be best to have 3-5 locations in Israel added to your list, rather than just one, as each one of them has different international routing and speeds...

Edited by dr_lucas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CA3LE said:
8 hours ago, Drip LeBuk said:

I’m finding the results of the download speed test reported by the beta version is consistently about 5Mbps higher

 

Maybe that z-lib compression fix helped your situation as well.  Please let me know. 

 

It looks like this fixed an intermittent spike I was getting at the start of the odd test as apart from one test in the morning, it hasn't happened again today despite running many tests.

 

For example, this was a test I ran on my mobile this morning over LTE cellular data where it had an unusual spike at the start of the test:

917700110_TestMywithbigspikeatstart.png.ee21a354637ba371f6e3ddcbafe7c2d8.png

Generally whenever I rerun the test, it goes fine, so I've just been assuming it was my browser glitching from time to time as I use the Firefox nightly App on my mobile.  For example, the test below was run right after the above:

 

798372745_TestMywithoutbigspikeatstart.png.35a9f876b799677fa0ef3e0f907b1ee7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just add my 2 cents here also.  About a year ago, a lighting hit took out my mother board ethernet port.  I used to get consistent 100 Mbps speeds to Dallas, with multi thread off.  I purchased a  cheap Gigabit PCI Express card from TP-Link and the best it would give me was around 70 Mbps.  I just assumed it was not as good as my now fried MB port, but at least I was back on-online.  I haven't tested my speed for maybe a week or so and noticed the new interface (looks good).  Now I'm getting again consistent 100 Mbps speeds again.  Don't know if it was the changes you made or perhaps my ISP finally fixed the poor node in my neighborhood.  I've always had problems bonding to 4 good channels with my modem and would usually need to reset it 3-4 times to get good channels, but even then the best I would get was around 70 Mbps.  What ever changed to get me back to 100 Mbps is great.  Keep up the good work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HubCity I think your speed has probably returned to normal.  You can toggle the old version on the bottom of the homepage and test with the old version if you'd like.  The results should fall in line with each other.  The upload test has an improvement that allows a quicker submission so in some situations you may see a very slight improvement.  Download test... I think you'll see, it's the same test, just new styling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CA3LE said:

@HubCity I think your speed has probably returned to normal.  You can toggle the old version on the bottom of the homepage and test with the old version if you'd like.  The results should fall in line with each other.  The upload test has an improvement that allows a quicker submission so in some situations you may see a very slight improvement.  Download test... I think you'll see, it's the same test, just new styling.

 

 

Just tried the old test twice and only got 70-80 Mbps, so something is different ?

 

Then I did another of the new test and got 78 Mbps ??? strange.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HubCity said:

Just tried the old test twice and only got 70-80 Mbps, so something is different ? 

 

It's strange because it's output compression and html/js minify messing with it.  We had caught this bug earlier but I accidentally forgot to do those edit on my master file so next time I made a change I overwrote the update.  /sigh

 

They're falling back in line with each other, can you please test again and confirm that it's resolved.

 

--- what's odd about that issue is that it reacts different under different situations.  Glad you helped to catch it the 2nd time.  I'll make sure that edit sticks this time!

 

- thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ran both versions.  Both were in the 70-75 range.

 

Then ran each again and similar results in the 70-75 range.

 

This is what I've been getting for months as I mentioned in earlier post, so both seem to report about the same now.  The few I got at 100 was nice but perhaps was not real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
Speed Test Version 15.9
© 2019 TestMy Net LLC - TestMy.net - Terms & Privacy