Auto test stuck in UL-test loop

DaniBot

I want to set up an auto test every 5 minutes, 200 down, 30 up for x amount of times. The DL-test runs smooth but the DL-test gets stuck in a loop. It aborts when it reaches like 30% and restarts the UL-test. This goes on and on. 

Win7 64, Brave browser (it's Chrome but with built-in privacy features), connected via WLAN

image.thumb.png.83f5bc4a7bcce6358f08553f70f79b73.png

I believe this is an error with the browser.  Because of how you describe it... I also tested with the same exact options as you did with no issues.

The test is overloading your browser... I've seen it happen but it's always an indication of client-side software weakness... Keep in mind, this test is designed to use your resources to expose weaknesses.

Install the normal Chrome or Firefox... even use Edge.  And then please give it another try.

I see you've selected the old version, I highly recommend using the new version, many bugs are being corrected.

Any reason you're selected on the old version?

Browsers will reset the process if it crashes... this is abnormal behavior testing here.

Hmmm.. well, i will try a different browser then or maybe i figure out what it causes to break. I mean it worked all the time until a few days ago.

Regarding the theme:
Actually wanted to create a feedback thread but since you already asked: I don't like the white background. In my opinion user interfaces should be easy on your eyes and energy saving. Also i don't even find the button to toggle themes.. :/ Can't find it! :D 

Imagine the global power usage of Google would make their site dark grey/black for one day :)

Thanks and greetings, DaniBot 

[°-°]7

I gave this a try on my end in a few browsers including Brave (freshly installed) with the old and new theme.  The main difference is I chose 30MB instead of 200MB for the download as my connection is a lot slower.

In Brave, Chrome and Firefox with the old theme, it ran tests #1, #2 and #3 and skipped tests #4 & #5.  However, it did not restart or get stuck with any test.

I tried with the new theme in Chrome with the same set up and it ran all 5 test iterations.

To double-check it was skipping tests #4 and #5, I took a screenshot on the third iteration in the old theme:

2079923214_TestMyautotest3inChrome.thumb.png.7d6baa07de8b66b8a392f90a29d6539c.png

After it ran this third combined test at the 9:04pm, it showed 'Done!' followed by an e-mail.  The following is the results page showing the three combined tests and an arrow pointing to the third test time.  Interestingly the tab shows 'Test 5 of 5' even though it skipped #4 and #5:

401092739_TestMyautotestfinishedinChrome.thumb.png.a3f1d66d3c4de57f1ca10dd804343172.png

3 hours ago, DaniBot said:

Regarding the theme:
Actually wanted to create a feedback thread but since you already asked: I don't like the white background. In my opinion user interfaces should be easy on your eyes and energy saving. Also i don't even find the button to toggle themes.. ? Can't find it! :D 

Imagine the global power usage of Google would make their site dark grey/black for one day :)

Thank you for the feedback, I totally agree.  Actually I started to build in same background but as an option.  Some colorblind people have contacted me and told me certain areas area hard to read.  It will be a future option you can toggle when I finish the settings page... I'm gathering together options and then I'll set that page up for you guys.

4 hours ago, DaniBot said:

Also i don't even find the button to toggle themes.. ? Can't find it! :D 

To switch back and forth between the version go to the TMN homepage and click "Old Version" at the bottom.  From the old version you can select the "New Version" the same way.

As for Dark Mode... I'm going to work on this for you today because I want it too!  I dark mode my life so it's about time my own website has it.  With the new design it's much easier for me to build new things like that, it's just built on a better base.

I took a minute and applied the "background-noise" theme (that's what I call it anyway) to the new version.  Toggle it and let me know if that's easier on your eyes.

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 2.18.33 PM.png

Need to put screenshots on that homepage (like the old version has) now that I have that done.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

After it ran this third combined test at the 9:04pm, it showed 'Done!' followed by an e-mail.  The following is the results page showing the three combined tests and an arrow pointing to the third test time.  Interestingly the tab shows 'Test 5 of 5' even though it skipped #4 and #5:

You only see that happen in this instance, right?

I see that the EU consent management platform (EU users only) is loading in your top bar there.  Can you confirm that it's no longer doing that please?

I rechecked and it's now gone from the auto-test header in the old theme.

I will see whether it affects how many iterations it goes through and update this post.  Currently test #1 of #5 in 5 minute intervals, combined test with a 30MB block size in both directions. 

It successfully completed all 5 iterations this time in the old theme:

467399437_TestMyautotestall5inChrome.thumb.png.ad735226472cf3b20b5d05bbcdde33ca.png

I forgot to mention earlier that it was sending me 3 e-mails each time it completed the auto test in the old theme and just a single e-mail in the new theme. 

This time it sent just one e-mail in the old theme:

874572725_Automaticteste-mails.png.1998cd798c4d8ba554a0cec71bb3fd6e.png

On 4/19/2019 at 9:49 AM, DaniBot said:

Regarding the theme:
Actually wanted to create a feedback thread but since you already asked: I don't like the white background. In my opinion user interfaces should be easy on your eyes and energy saving. Also i don't even find the button to toggle themes.. ? Can't find it! :D 

I made you a Dark Mode.

use the following URLs until I build in the options screen.

Hope you like it, I'll continue to make adjustments.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:09 PM, DaniBot said:

... the DL-test gets stuck in a loop. It aborts when it reaches like 30% and restarts the UL-test...

Fixed it! The automatic upload test works in the new theme.

16 hours ago, CA3LE said:

Thaank youuu!! ?

It's much easier on the eyes and my mind now :)

I'm looking forward to further options, improvements and bugfixes. This is exciting!