Upload speed not showing results

ron525

I logged in yesterday to find a new format, I did an upload test first but no results it just went back to the test my upload speed page.

I have tried a few more times but still nothing, also none of the tests are showing in my logged results either.

The download tests work okay with the graph showing after the test and are showing in my logged results as well.

Edit; Have just used the old version and upload is working as it should be.

Hi Ron525, thank you for being a long time member!  And thank you for taking the time.

After looking closer at your results it appears that you're on an older version of firefox.

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 2.17.00 AM.png

You're on 56.0 ... We're on like --- 67 now.

So update firefox.  But that's not it.  That's not how I roll. 

...THANK YOU!  I program for this.  I'll adjust my rule for that function so that it works in your browser too... it's really easy but I'll have to do it tomorrow because I'm wrapping my night up.  Basically, I'll tell it to use the old method in your instance because it's failsafe, we know it works.  I literally just have to adjust the version number of firefox that it will accept for that function.  Because I know that some of its methods are dependent on browser functionality released after a certain date.  My research on those functions start dates must have been a little off OR your browser is literally on the EDGE of when that functionality that's needed to make that work properly was introduced. 

At any rate, I'll make sure to make that work properly under all circumstances.  This is why your input is so valuable to me.  I'd need a million computers to test a fraction of the circumstances you guys can do in one week.  I'm not kidding.  I can't do this without you guys.

Again, thank you for taking your time, you're making TMN better.

Actually, it wasn't what I was originally thinking.  What I thought it was is built into both version... so that couldn't be it.

I think I got it.  Had to build a different failsafe in.  Browsers from your era (mid 2017) and older will now use the old upload method... with updated styling.

It had to do with the upload progress method I'm using.  It uses browser functions that weren't put into the standard until more recently so the old browsers don't know what to do.

If you use a more up-to-date browser, you'll see upload progress now.  ;)

But before you update, can you please test again and confirm if it's working properly now?

6 hours ago, CA3LE said:

Actually, it wasn't what I was originally thinking.  What I thought it was is built into both version... so that couldn't be it.

I think I got it.  Had to build a different failsafe in.  Browsers from your era (mid 2017) and older will now use the old upload method... with updated styling.

It had to do with the upload progress method I'm using.  It uses browser functions that weren't put into the standard until more recently so the old browsers don't know what to do.

If you use a more up-to-date browser, you'll see upload progress now.  ;)

But before you update, can you please test again and confirm if it's working properly now?

Hello CA3LE,

I have re tested and the upload information from yesterday is now included but the day before info isn't there but am confirming it appears okay now.

I am using Waterfox browser as with the later Firefox I was unable to use most of the extensions I had come to rely on so opted to go with Waterfox as long as I can have these extensions.

Thank you for your prompt investigation and changes that allow me to use the new version which I really like.

Cheers, Ron

52 minutes ago, ron525 said:

Thank you for your prompt investigation and changes that allow me to use the new version which I really like.

I'm happy that you like it and glad to hear that it's working properly for you now.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about the issue!