Are these speeds expected?

HeckingFish

I am paying for fiber 1 gig internet from Century Link and I'm testing 200-300 Mbps for both download and upload on this site, however, when I test on the other inflated speed test sites, it is showing as 900+ Mbps for both download and upload. My question is, are these results expected, or is it possible that I have a bad modem/router. I am in brand new construction, so all of the wiring should be brand new, most of it hasn't even been put in the ground yet. I've never had internet even close to this good so I have no idea what I should expect, it's really hard to complain about 200+ up and down, but I just want to take advantage of the full potential if it is a simple problem like a bad piece of hardware.

The modem and router were provided by Century Link, and I am wired using cat6.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:40 AM, HeckingFish said:

I am paying for fiber 1 gig internet from Century Link and I'm testing 200-300 Mbps for both download and upload on this site, however, when I test on the other inflated speed test sites, it is showing as 900+ Mbps for both download and upload. My question is, are these results expected, or is it possible that I have a bad modem/router.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond.

Try doing a multithread speed test.  I'd be interested to see your results.

Edited by CA3LE
added Tool Pneuma for some audio