Eastlink Newfoundland

lazloslozar

I am paying Eastlink for 20 Mbps. My speed since I joined TMN a year ago, has varied from 20 Mbps down to 0.49 Mbps. Now this change is irregular no pattern that I can see.  Makes it difficult to use the internet when it is this way. My question is why and how do I solve this problem. Eastlink has been no help. Wants me to upgrade to 100 Mbps that will solve my problem, (more money!), no assurances that it will solve the problem.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/lazloslozar

On 9/10/2019 at 3:14 PM, lazloslozar said:

I am paying Eastlink for 20 Mbps. My speed since I joined TMN a year ago, has varied from  Mbps down to 0.49 Mbps. Now this change is irregular no pattern that I can see.  Makes it difficult to use the internet when it is this way. My question is why and how do I solve this problem. Eastlink has been no help. Wants me to upgrade to 100 Mbps that will solve my problem, (more money!), no assurances that it will solve the problem.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/lazloslozar

41 Views, any suggestions? original post s/b 20 Mbps.

Edited by lazloslozar
20 Mbps

Looking at your results over the last week.

lazloslozar's Speed Test Results

It's insane that you've been dealing with this for so long.

When you test to Colorado you have the same type of dips in regularity but they aren't as pronounced as when you're testing to Dallas or San Fransisco.

Try testing against Toronto, CA -- New York would be another good one for you too -- curious what you get to those locales.

I would love to see a resolution for you in the end and maybe even get you some free service and credits from your ISP for what you've had to deal with.  We first need to be certain that they're at fault.

When you're testing, are you directly connected to one computer or are you on a wifi router... or is it wired to a router?  Please let us know the model numbers of your modem and router.

Edited by CA3LE
edit youtube link

On 9/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, CA3LE said:

reposting that video btw... it got clipped on accident when I exported.

[done]

Thank you for your analysis. Watching you work through the info simply amazing. East link say there is no problems. they send me to the "other" test that they use for proof!   I will post the info you request.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:33 PM, CA3LE said:

Looking at your results over the last week.

lazloslozar's Speed Test Results

It's insane that you've been dealing with this for so long.

When you test to Colorado you have the same type of dips in regularity but they aren't as pronounced as when you're testing to Dallas or San Fransisco.

Try testing against Toronto, CA -- New York would be another good one for you too -- curious what you get to those locales.

I would love to see a resolution for you in the end and maybe even get you some free service and credits from your ISP for what you've had to deal with.  We first need to be certain that they're at fault.

When you're testing, are you directly connected to one computer or are you on a wifi router... or is it wired to a router?  Please let us know the model numbers of your modem and router.

HP XPS8300, Windows 7,   -   wired cat5e,   -   Hitron 4582 ver. 2.0.10.44b2,   -  After months of calls and their lip service finally in July 2019 after doing everything Eastlink told me to do router, computer adjustments etc. tech replaced drop, replaced modem /router. As you can see not much if any change. (sarcasm switch on) The battle goes on between my incompetence and Eastlink's.(sarcasm switch off) They blame me/my equipment, I blame them/their equipment!             Thanks for your help.  Laz  Lo