multithreaded testing

rebrecs

Can anyone suggest a doc to read on this topic? I am familiar with multiThreading in a general programming context. I understand why networking Apps might benefit from multiple connections.

But how does our TNM test use it?

I did a search on this forum for "multiThread" and found a few posts, all of which were oriented toward someone trying to achieve a specific result with responses typically saying "try multithread."

OK. Well, "try it you will like it" is ok I suppose.

If anyone is aware of a tutorial document that might help illuminate why and under what circumstances a multithread test is appropriate, please hit me up.

My Environment contains Windows 10 clients, MAC OS clients, cell phones, and TVs connected to the internet. My hope is to determine which type of testing is most meaningful. I am not looking for the "good news" test (i.e. I don't run marketing benchmarks).

Currently I run a test per day and watch the pattern (more Mbps or less Mbps) without a clue as to why it might be going up or down.

Thanks in advance -- to anyone caring to educate the Newbie.

--john