Suddenlink Falls in the Rankings

rebrecs

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, rebrecs said:

Suddenlink fell from 1st to 2nd place with a noticeable reduction in average speed.

Their infrastructure in my geography got very sick earlier this year and it took them a long time to straighten it out. Thus it makes me nervous when I see this drop.

Having more experience now with TestMy, I realize the significance of the ISP is not as I had believed earlier. The ISP rank is formed by the tests the TestMy members (and guests) are running. My connection to suddenlink, for example, (aka suddenrage) is pretty fast so I can drive the Suddenlink rank up by running a bunch of download tests. I can watch it change because it updates very quickly, unlike the member rank tab on the suddenlink page which updates, seemingly, only by special request. Again, the ISP rank is a result of whatever people are doing at the moment. Thus the results should be treated that way.