Comparables view

First of all, thanks for all your work. Your site's awesome and useful and I've been lurking for a while.

Would it be possible to get comparables? A couple ways I could see this work is:

- View comparables in the same ISP network block. Using say the network blocks for each ISP in Maxmind's DB, see what their avg, min, max speeds as well as a distribution chart (so it would be visible that subscribers are at 10Mbps and 50Mpbs). This could help people see if the problem is with their home or their provider.

- View comparables in the same postal code. What are the ISPs operating in the same area and what are their avg, min, max speeds with distributions? What percent of your tests in the same area with one ISP vs another? As a consumer I could find who might provide me with better service and how real the advertised speeds might be.

I know data tying IPs to postal codes or even network block + ISP databases can be noisy, but I think overall there'd still be a lot of value. Happy to help out if possible. I have experience with most of this stuff but lack your pool of data.

Cheers!

Have you already seen the city results?  eg: New York, NY

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 12.05.53 PM-min.png

In NY I'd be looking at Verizon, RCN or Spectrum.  Keep in mind that the program automatically does all of the ranking and some smaller, less known companies who aren't ISPs may be listed.  These lists aren't human curated.  If you hover over the 2nd spectrum listing you'll also find that's for spectrum business, name is being truncated.

I'll start logging postal codes and latitude longitude (as detected from the IP and MaxmindDB) and see if we get more interesting details.  First a database structure change would need to happen and taking into account the size of my databases it will have to be planned.  I have other proposed DB structure changes that I'd like to take care of that will really speed up certain queries.  I'll look at adding this and as well as other fields at the same time.