Incredibly low download speeds, intermittent for years, becoming constant

entrappedmind

I've only got four families in my immediate neighborhood, and I'm barely on a first-name basis with three of them (much less a "what-do-you-use-for-internet-and-how's-your-performance" basis), while the fourth is not tech-savvy enough to know a modem from a microwave.

As far as my greater area, yeah, there are plenty of complaints. Many quite similar to mine. Many more don't even bother speaking up, because they know it'll do no good. BBB complaints similar to mine go unresolved.

It's been this way for roughly a decade and a half, through two separate house moves, dating back to me having to spend nearly a month explaining to their technicians what packet loss was and why is mattered, back when I finally got cable for the first time (albeit one-way, as Buckeye's upload was initially handled via phone back then, with only the download being cable. Anything was better than AOL, though, at that point).

I don't know what else can possibly be done.

(just got off the phone with Spectrum confirming that they are not available at my address.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update for @CA3LE:

Speeds are improved enough that I'm going to reduce the frequency of my tests from 5min to 30min in hopes of saving some of your bandwidth. And no, nothing was changed on my end to fix anything, only serving to reinforce my assertions all along that the problems were on Buckeye's end (not that they'd ever acknowledge that, of course). They're still ignoring my emails, so I don't expect to see any sort of credit to my account for the ~two months of unusable internet, but there's really nothing I can do about that.

Don't worry - I'll be back in a month or three when my connection goes kaput again.

Thanks for the site, the tools, and all the help!

chrome_Ri7GTniPqX.png

• 2 weeks later...

Further update for @CA3LE... Finally got a response - after sixty-six days of being ignored. And if (like me) you think that's funny, you'll find this hilarious - they reverted to the "you have to use our intranet speed test" argument. Sigh.

Now, I await the results of their "comparison test."

PS: emails attached, as per usual - seems they might have uploaded in reverse chronological order though... If so, sorry for the confusion.

chrome_EYI9wOg7x9.png

chrome_OAgMbqhnNt.png

chrome_Dd0xx7IB1u.png

chrome_BbTXfyg2YT.png

chrome_6mON5gCXjS.png