Time discrepancy of 1 hour

MvH

I notice that the time shown in My Results shows the correct time (for my location) of the individual tests.  When I export the result (to .CSV and then as .xlsx) the generated timestamp in Column A shows the time as one hour later.   This must be some bug to do with daylight saving?  I do not need to know the reason, but I would like you to fix it.  I have attached relevant screen shots.  Thank you.  MarcelVH.

2020-05-07-Time-Discrepancy-in TestMyNet.docx

No ….. that did not fix it.  the time still does not match, but now the time on the exported spread sheet is 6 hours earlier than the online displayed time (which is the correct time).  FYI, my time zone is Brisbane, Queensland Australia, which, by the way, does not have daylight saving ever (since it upsets the milking of the cows !)

2020-05-07 v2 Time discrepancy = less 6 hours in spreadsheet.docx

Here is my wish:  Your generated timestamp is not very useful for graphs generated in Excel.  Since the datestamp is sorted for the graph,  the time display should include a leading zero for the hours 0 thru 9, and better still if in the 24-hour format.  Even better better still, if the date and the time are in separate columns.  Thanks,  Marcel VH

Edited by MvH
Thank you added

I can provide alternate options for that.  Seems simple enough.

Have you seen the My Average Tool?  I think this is what you may be trying to accomplish with your raw result data.

Here's you hourly averages, using your time zone.

myaverage?q=MvH&dateFull=01-01-2020+%2F+05-07-2020&clientTime=1

You can also graph by day of the week, month, year.

Your speed definitely fluctuates by time of day!  Wow.

4 hours ago, MvH said:

Here is my wish:

So if that's what you were working on... wish granted.  :-P 

Let me know if this helps.

Edited by CA3LE
included date in embed to reflect what I'm seeing today into the future.

59 minutes ago, MvH said:

No ….. that did not fix it.

My bad, in the process I fixed it... then undid my work with an improper keystroke.  Thought I rechecked it before telling you, sorry.  This will display correctly for you now.

I'll do some work in a bit and using what you've told me I'll make a couple of hidden options for you to alter the export format to your liking.  

1 hour ago, MvH said:

FYI, my time zone is Brisbane, Queensland Australia, which, by the way, does not have daylight saving ever (since it upsets the milking of the cows !)

I'm from Phoenix where we also don't change the timezone... maybe that's why I'm so bad with daylight savings adjustments.

... in Phoenix we don't follow DST -- I think because DST is stupid (lol, j/k... ...but seriously).  I live in Colorado now so it annoys me twice a year.  Everyone just needs to do a permanent shift.  Better yet, UTC.  That would be cool but will never happen in our lifetimes.